Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: -6 engine drop with mid rise lift...........
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dominic L
Anyone thinking about purchasing one of these mid rise scissor lifts? My recommendation is GO FOR IT!! biggrin.gif After seeing heeltoe914's post here: http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...37&hl=lifts I bought the Bend Pak lift locally on ebay friday of last week, had it in my garage the day after, and one week later my -6 is on the lifting table waiting for a minor operation! Next up, tranny comes off to check questionable clutch, check valve adjustment, rebuild carbs, change return tube seals and fix whatever leaks i can fix. Also going to change out the blown rear Bilsteins for adjustable Koni's, and install the rear anti roll bar that came with the car too.

Once the cars up, i just roll around on one of those little stools with wheels. Access to brake lines, suspension etc. is excellent.

Here are some pics:

Plenty of room to work,

Click to view attachment
Dominic L
next:
Dominic L
ready to drop
Dominic L
almost!
Dominic L
down and out!
Dominic L
Done for now. Gotta make room in front of the car now so I can drop the car and still have room to work on the engine. Space is tight in my garage but we manage!!
Gint
Sweet. Any pics of the front of the motor on that cart? The transaxle didn't hit the cart handle? Where you'd get that anyway?
Dominic L
QUOTE(Gint @ Feb 10 2007, 01:13 PM) *

Sweet. Any pics of the front of the motor on that cart? The transaxle didn't hit the cart handle? Where you'd get that anyway?

Harbor Freight Tools. Hydraulic lifting table. 1100 lb capacity I think. When i go back out in the garage later, I'll snap some pics of the front. Half of the engine does hang off the front but it's balanced on there. (Until i take the transaxle off!). I removed the handle and laid it down flat the last time to fit it under the car but that was before i had the lift. I'll either do that when i raise it back up or I'll strap the transaxle to the table for a little extra measure of safety.
iamchappy
I have the handle off of mine thinking that the engine needed to sit back further on the lift table, nice to see that I can move it forward a bit.

Before the lift table I used to do the balancing act on a floorjack. Never again, doesn't this look easy folks! Thanks for sharing.
Heeltoe914
Glad to see someone is enjoying the lift as much as I am. I will have to look into a table like that, I just did it the other way rise the car, motor left on cart.
Gint
QUOTE(Dominic L @ Feb 10 2007, 02:42 PM) *

QUOTE(Gint @ Feb 10 2007, 01:13 PM) *

Harbor Freight Tools. Hydraulic lifting table. 1100 lb capacity I think. When i go back out in the garage later, I'll snap some pics of the front. Half of the engine does hang off the front but it's balanced on there. (Until i take the transaxle off!). I removed the handle and laid it down flat the last time to fit it under the car but that was before i had the lift. I'll either do that when i raise it back up or I'll strap the transaxle to the table for a little extra measure of safety.
Thanks for the info. I thought it looked familiar. I'll have to have another look at one.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.