Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: search sucks
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jimkelly
and put on tube piece so shifter can't go there.

jim

Gint
Try this:

Search for +v8 +"first gear"

Probably better than your search, but may not be all inclusive either. If you read the advanced search instructions and play around a little you can definitely narrow down the results to something closer to what you're looking for.
drewvw

the search is fine once you figure out how to use it. I usually search titles only and use various word fragments to narrow down what i am looking for....its an iterative process.

Andyrew
why?

dont bother. Besides, you might need it someday.
jimkelly
gint - thanks for the link.

andyrew - i hear you - and that was my thought too - but now i concerned if i ever let someone drive my car and they mash 1st gear because i forgot to tell them not to : (

jim

--

QUOTE(Gint @ Feb 11 2007, 06:14 AM) *

Try this:

Search for +v8 +"first gear"

Probably better than your search, but may not be all inclusive either. If you read the advanced search instructions and play around a little you can definitely narrow down the results to something closer to what you're looking for.

QUOTE(Andyrew @ Feb 11 2007, 11:31 AM) *

why?

dont bother. Besides, you might need it someday.

neo914-6
Jim,

In my link to 901 tranny, there "were" pics by B but he deleted them. I was able to get them but they are on my other PC. I'll try retrieve them later...

strange, can't find the thread. Here's a thread about the deleted pics
Andyrew
Simple. "Tell them if they break it, they fix it. the trani is weak, dont use first gear, the cv's break, and its really hard to handle.. Wana drive?"

cooltimes
Search for what you want using quotation marks enclosing the words you want to see in your search quest like:

"tranny gearset" or "gearset"

Sure knocks down the number of pages you'll would have to read and see that all that comes up isn't what you were searching for.
The less words between the quote marks the more exact the search results are.

Mike Cooley
TN

jimkelly
thanks all : )
propricer
Is this what you are looking for ???
jimkelly
yes - thanks - jim

QUOTE(propricer @ Feb 12 2007, 09:50 AM) *

cooltimes
QUOTE(propricer @ Feb 12 2007, 11:50 AM) *

Great to share the photo but where's the link for other users interested in this?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.