Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mirrors
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Allan
Is the passenger side mirror just a driver side mirror flipped around or is it a different p/n?
drgchapman
Flipped
So.Cal.914
I have heard some say that theres is a "passenger side mirror". But the ones

I have seen, including my own are flipped drivers side mirrors.
vertigo
Flipped here also. Strangley had to get new glass for the one I used (off my '74 parts car for my '73) and when looking real close it was bigger than original mirror.
davep
They have different part numbers, and have convex glass. Standard equipment for Japan.
GeorgeRud
Does anyone actually have one on their car? I've heard tales of these, but have never actually seen a picture of one. Both my cars have the flipped driver's side ones.
JoeSharp
Yes I do.
orthobiz
I read that the passenger mirror was actually an option. ???

paul
Chris Pincetich
I can barely notice the curve in the glass. beerchug.gif
I have 2 new ones, 1 installed ph34r.gif
Tobra
914-731-040-10
Porsche dealer can order one for you from der Faderland, quoted me about $112 last year, but I did something else
ben*james
Can someone post a side by side picture of the drivers side vs. the passenger side?
ben*james
Lock ness monster, Bigfoot? Come on peeps,....let's put this one to rest. smoke.gif
dlkawashima
The glass on a true passenger side mirror is convex, simple as that.

Sorry to subject you to my ugly mug, but look at the size of my head in the passenger side mirror compared to the driver side mirror. Obviously my head is smaller in the passenger side mirror because the glass is convex.

Click to view attachment
Larmo63
If the passenger mirror is conVEX, wouldn't your head be BIGGER?
ben*james
Double post
dlkawashima
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ May 31 2014, 03:51 PM) *

If the passenger mirror is conVEX, wouldn't your head be BIGGER?

No, smaller. It's no different than any other blind spot mirror. What is larger on a convex mirror is the field of view ... it's just less obvious on the 914 passenger mirror.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.