Where it will go.
Here is what I need welded:
pimple craters
ppickerell
Ant hole although it's hard to see in this pic
ppickerell
washer jet holes begone
ppickerell
need these ridges shaved/welded and the little trim holes filled so I will not be re-using roll bar trim.
ppickerell
Badge holes filled
ppickerell
This is the only body work of substance. I also would like the fender to cowl seal grooves filled
ppickerell
Body is nice and straight
ppickerell
More body shots and windlshield seals removed. Apart from the wing window seal, I think I got everything.
Trekkor
I did all of that except the targa bar mods. It's easy.

Delete the air inlet grill between the wiper arm pivots while your at it!

KT
Trekkor
You can see the whole proces in: "My Paint Thread"

Click to view attachment

KT
ppickerell
That thread was pretty much my inspiration Trek. Same cast of characters as well. My 914 is jealous of the bitch next door.
ppickerell
Just picked up this bling from Sergio. Very nice work.
Chris Pincetich
Patrick - was that the El Cerrito 914 on Craigslist? "12 inch dent in door"...never said if it was a 1.8 or 2.0...I never checked it out because I blew all my money on suspension parts, almost enough to buy a parts car blink.gif
Looks like a good score. You guys should get moving on that one and have it ready to race at the PCA AX at Altamont speedway. beerchug.gif
So.Cal.914
I've been singing that damn song ever sence you posted this. Going to be a nice car, body looks good.
Trekkor
"12 inch dent in door"

That may be from an incident that happened on the surface of the Marina Airfield.

Let's not talk about...

KT
ppickerell
QUOTE(trekkor @ Feb 11 2007, 08:22 PM) *

"12 inch dent in door"

That may be from an incident that happened on the surface of the Marina Airfield.

Let's not talk about...

KT

I'm over the trauma and can talk about it. Door flew open as my MASSIVE Type Zero 1.7L propelled me through a turn at warp speed (5 mph?) during my first AX ever and the freekin door flew open and broke the limiter strap and I spilled my beer and everything.

Not the el cerrito car, I have had this for 3 yrs plus. It's just been lurking.

ALtamont AX? WTF?
Trekkor
March 18th, Zone 7 AX.
The first one at Altamount Speedway

Click to view attachment

KT
Michael N
How would track potentially be laid out at Altamount Speedway. Would it be a parking lot area which does not appear to exist or using a combination of the actual track. If it was a combination on the track would have the potential of being super fast. biggrin.gif How does a zone autocross differ from a region autocross. Is it still show up and pay and drive?
Trekkor
The course will be exclusively "on track".
Cones will be used to slow the cars down.
As you can see from the aerial photo, there are many configurations possible at this location. Even more than a track day, as the start and finish do not need to connect together.

Zone takes in all the local regions. Should be a big group.
I believe they will limit registration. Arrive early if pre registration is not offered.

Expect a upcoming discussion in the 914club.com "Paddock"...

KT
Michael N
Thanks for info. Sorry for the thread high jack. sad.gif

ppickerell
QUOTE(trekkor @ Feb 12 2007, 11:10 AM) *

The course will be exclusively "on track".
Cones will be used to slow the cars down.
As you can see from the aerial photo, there are many configurations possible at this location. Even more than a track day, as the start and finish do not need to connect together.

Zone takes in all the local regions. Should be a big group.
I believe they will limit registration. Arrive early if pre registration is not offered.

Expect a upcoming discussion in the 914club.com "Paddock"...

KT

I wanna run figure 8's with 2 cars at a time on track. This will add a certain element of excitement.
Trekkor
I wanna run figure 8's with 2 cars at a time on track. This will add a certain element of excitement.

That has been planned for "After Hours"- not a PCA sanctioned event laugh.gif

KT
Bleyseng
like this! driving.gif
Trekkor
I've been told they will be using the outer oval, too. 14 degree banks

KT
ppickerell
QUOTE(trekkor @ Feb 12 2007, 12:10 PM) *

I've been told they will be using the outer oval, too. 14 degree banks

KT

GTF OUT!
Trekkor
Can you dig it? cool_shades.gif

KT
Chris Pincetich
Ha ha - Are we all properly motivated now to get 'er done? I want more details on that 914! Stripped for restoration or AX? I guess if you don't finish it soon enough for Altamont you had that other P-car, RSR Carerra 4 or somethin?

My wheels with their cone seats are doin great, love them shiny new chrome lugs beerchug.gif
ppickerell
QUOTE(ChrisNPDrider @ Feb 13 2007, 08:57 AM) *

Ha ha - Are we all properly motivated now to get 'er done? I want more details on that 914! Stripped for restoration or AX? I guess if you don't finish it soon enough for Altamont you had that other P-car, RSR Carerra 4 or somethin?

My wheels with their cone seats are doin great, love them shiny new chrome lugs beerchug.gif

Chris,
Car will be mostly stock with a rebuilt 2.0L and tranny with LSD. Has new suspension, brakes etc. AX warrior this year for my 21 yr old son and I, couldn't care less about resto/concourse. The red car next door is a 07 Targa 4 which my wife will run in AX at least a couple of times this year. She has seat time with Hurley Haywood as instructor!
ppickerell
I'm bringing a pool cue and looking forward to busting up some hippies.
ppickerell
Trailered my baby up to the top secret shops in Napa. Weld, pound, fill and paint.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.