Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 97mm Arias pistons
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
URY914
I been working this deal for a few weeks and didn't want to screw it up so I stayed quite, but now I can let it out.

I found a set of 97mm aluminum Arias type IV pistions with Deves rings and cylinders. From what I have learned from the seller, these were made by Arias for Compitition Engineering during the "80's. Ray Lietz was the mastermind behind CE and they were a very respected machine shop in Calf. Ray died and/or the shop burnt down and that was the end of CE. This may or may not be true but it is what I was told. I'm sure someone here knows more.

I don't have a scale to weigh these things but they are very light. They came with pins which have a very thin wall, see the picture. I know of one other guy that runs these and he says he is running "somewhere around10:1" c/r and uses race gas with stock F.I.

Here is the best part: the price. I got pistons, machined cylinders w/ perfect fins, new rings, lightwt wrist pins, and clips for.....$200.00!!!!

These have GOT to be worth $800!!!

Here are some pics.
URY914
another
URY914
URY914
side
Joe Ricard
I don't think they are worth a crap. Just send them to me and cool_shades.gif get them out of your garage. dance.gif
URY914
OK, I'll PM you to get your address.

laugh.gif w00t.gif laugh.gif w00t.gif
72914S
Two years ago I bought a set of 96mm arias pistons & jugs, complete set up.I thought I got a deal at $4oo.oo ! they are super light. As I recall mine are flat tops. The engine is running quite good,but I`ve only got about 50 miles on it so far.
redshift
Great! You do know you have to take the motor apart to get those in, right?

smile.gif

M
Brad Roberts
Nice SCORE Paul. We normally lighten the stock 2.0 wrist pin by having material removed from the center. They end up looking like yours when we are done.

B
SirAndy
QUOTE(URY914 @ Nov 23 2003, 05:15 PM)

hmmm, wouldn't that "dome" limit the cam-lift you can run with these?
seems like anything above stock lift will hit the top of the piston.

idea.gif Andy
URY914
Andy,

Who knows?
I'll ask Jake.
Aaron Cox
or ya got to make valve cutouts in the piston top sad.gif
URY914
I gotta a grinder. Aluminum is soft. cool_shades.gif

Paul
Dave_Darling
BTW, a guy named Walt runs Competition Engineering now. They're still pretty reputable when it comes to 911 engine stuff.

--DD
URY914
Thanks Dave,
Like I said in my original post, I only reported what I had been told.

Paul
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.