Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Idea on why 1&3 only have 30psi?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Ratt
This is puzzling me. when I got the 914, the compression was 120 on all 4 cyl. Now after a few weeks, and screwing up the timing, the 1&3 cyls, only have 30psi and 2&4 have 120psi. If I pour some oil into the low cyl, the compression stays the same, so Im thinking valves, But sense they are on oposing sides, is it possible that the cam is screwed?

I am in the process of dropping the motor, and then when It is out I can tell easier, But what do you all think?
Thanks
Andy Rattley
Bleyseng
Valve adjustment time, as the valves in those cylinders are expanding and staying partially open even when closed.

Geoff
Dave_Darling
Definitely try that first. But if that doesn't do it... Could be a wiped cam lobe. sad.gif

#1 and #3 share their cam lobes, so when you have low compression on both of those (or #2 and #4), that is one suspect. Check as many other things as you can first, though, as repairing a wiped cam means tearing the entire motor apart. sad.gif

--DD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.