Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Camshaft for 1911
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
1bad914
I have decided against using the Hydraulic cam and lifters that I have for the 1911 motor that I already have built to shortblock stage. mad.gif I am having trouble getting the lifters to pump up manually, so I am tearing it all apart and putting in a solid lifter cam. I'm looking for recommendations for a nice street machine cam.

SPECS:
96 x 66 motor with stock 1.7 heads that are freshly rebuilt, DRLA 36 dual carbs, Bursch exhaust.

I am thinking the Webcam 86?

This car will be driven daily in the summer.
Bleyseng
check with Jake Raby as I like his 9550 cam even in a 1911. With carbs you can go alittle more agressive but I don't know his numbers.
He has excellent matching lifters too with a special facing grind to prevent wear.

$275 for a set of cam and lifters IIRC
1bad914
I'm waitng to get approval to join his forum and ask the same question there. You are correct, $275 for both. I will buy it today if I get an answer.
Bleyseng
If you go to the Type4store.com and buy the cam then it sends you to the Dr.cam page to fill out all the info on your engine so Dr.Cam can recommend the right cam for you. This is the quickest way to find out which cam you need.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.