Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Me Going to Phoenix Too
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Eric_Shea
I'll be in Phoenix tomorrow visiting the fine folks at Fender and Genz-Benz. If a Buick rental car flashes his lights at your teener then flash back (and feel sorry for me)
krk
Dude, give it up! Fender? Can you spill?

kim.
Mike9142.0
How long are you going to be in town?
markb
Sorry, I'm an early Epi fan. (but I wouldn't turn down an american Fender). wink.gif
redshift
Early Epi... now there's a thought.

idea.gif

Hey, if any of you ever want to start trading cars<-->guitars, I'm game.

M
krk
cars for guitars -- heh.

I'd do real trading for a thinline.

kim.
Eric_Shea
Spill? Any specific color Thinline you want me to keep an eye out for?

E.
66 Tele Custom
73 Strat Hard Tail (alder)
Eric_Shea
Mike,

I'll be there from about noon tomorrow until about 2:00 Tuesday. Just a quick overnighter.

E.
krk
QUOTE(krk @ Nov 23 2003, 08:20 PM)
cars for guitars -- heh.

I'd do real trading for a thinline.

kim.

([edit] oops -- wrong quote --- the "nope" is a response to color preference!) Nope.

Got a wonderful teal tele now -- like the color, it's a little outrageous and that's fine.

But any color (or natural) would be fine. I adapt quickly smile.gif Just wish I could play better! (never enough time.... laugh.gif )

Good hunting!

kim.
Eric_Shea
Offices are in San Mateo... I could drop it off next time I'm there.

I still have an artist account with those guys (I think)...

I had a 68 Tele Custom that was the first year they offered Dupon finishes. It was a teal color with a factory tourtuse shell pickguard. Damn butt ugly with that pickguard. The guy in "America" bought it. Last time I saw it it was on the Tonight Show. He doesn't know that he doesn't have the original pickguard... they got seperated.

E.
krk
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Nov 23 2003, 08:45 PM)
Offices are in San Mateo... I could drop it off next time I'm there.

I still have an artist account with those guys (I think)...

I had a 68 Tele Custom that was the first year they offered Dupon finishes. It was a teal color with a factory tourtuse shell pickguard. Damn butt ugly with that pickguard. The guy in "America" bought it. Last time I saw it it was on the Tonight Show. He doesn't know that he doesn't have the original pickguard... they got seperated.

E.

"tourtuse shell pickguard"... yowza. Mine's a boring white. Looks fine to my eye!

(don't have a strat yet either.... :-))

If you land in San Mateo, the least we can do is something involving food/beer!

I actually followed early "america". Good stuff. Folded early tho. We forgive them for "muskrat love".... laugh.gif

kim.
Eric_Shea
I'll post next time I head out that way...

We have a redesign of Guitar Player coming out soon so I've been back there a lot. I usually end up at the Marriott off 92 or the Crowne Plaza Foster City.

Made it down to San Jose to dine with the Dunlop folk... some cool chop house downtown that I can't remember the name of (too much KY bourbon)
krk
lol.

I didn't wanna tell Joe that I buy Guitar Player off the stands. Didn't wanna sour his deal smile.gif

Anyway, ring a bell when you're out. At a minimum, some Pcar beer/eat/activity could occur!

kim.
Eric_Shea
lost me... Joe? Deal?
redshift
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Nov 24 2003, 12:45 AM)
He doesn't know that he doesn't have the original pickguard... they got seperated.

E.

smile.gif

OTM.. Ocean Turquoise Metallic.

M
krk
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Nov 23 2003, 09:24 PM)
lost me... Joe? Deal?

yeh ok. I confess. A little obscure. Joe Yoder was asking about magazines (almost certainly car magazines) on a different thread earlier. (where is the that "whack him with a fish emoticon when you need it!")

kim.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.