Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 96 mm piston wristpin offset
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
1bad914
Can someone measure the wristpin offset for a 96 mm piston for me, from the top of the piston to the top of the WP opening, plus the measurement from the bottom of the skirt to the bottom of the WP opening?

Thanks,

Matt Romanowski
If your looking for high pins, the compression height is 1.110" and the pin diameter is .866" - subtract half the pin and the height from the top of the wristpin bore to the top of the piston is .677." The skirt dimension would depend on what type of pistons your running. My JE piston here is ~2.1875 overall (top to bottom - I don't have anything to measure with other than a ruler). You can do the math for the rest.
Bartlett 914
Hi Randy

I have a set of PC,s I plan to use. I measured the top of the wrist pin to the piston top 29.25mm. The Pin is 24mm. From the bottom of the pin to the bottom of the shirt is 26mm. All measured using calipers. Not the most accurate method. Hope this helps.

The PC's measured are NPR 96P 1.8. This is 96mm pistons for a 1.8L motor.
1bad914
Thanks!

The the reason that I wanted the measurements, I have a set of 1.7/1.8 96mm pistons and cylinders, I wanted to know the difference in these and the ones for a 2.0, if there is a difference. I guess the end question is can I use my pistons with a 71mm crank and 2.0 rods?
Matt Romanowski
What are the measurements that you have?

The measurements (pin height and pin bore) are from JE, so they are right on.

If your pistons are different, what you'll have to figure is the deck height. I don't know off the top of my head if it will work. You'll have to measure.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.