Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Autocross
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
xperu
Hi Guys, I am looking for some and advice on how to set up my 914 for Autocross. I have a 1973 1.7 FI in good shape. I don't have the money to spend on a 5 bolt conversion. Thanks Mike
Trekkor
madify ( modify ) in stages.

First, make sure you have a mechanically sound car that will *always* pass tech.

try a few events before you jump in headlong...

KT
yarin
Modify the driver, then modify the car agree.gif .. as long as the car is mechanically and structurally sound. Then start looking at modifications;

ie: shocks, stiffer springs, front sway bar, stiffer T-bars, R compound tires, exhaust, etc.
ClayPerrine
Best mods you can make for AX are to yourself. Attend a local AX school. Here in DFW we have one every year at the start of the season. It makes a big difference to your ability to learn from someone who has done it already.

Then improve the car in increments. Start with tires. They are the most bang for your bucks. Performance street tires, then after you get faster, race tires.

Then the suspension and brake mods.

Last thing is to add horsepower. By the time you get to that stage, you will know what to do with the horsepower.
Trekkor
agree.gif

Especially about the horsepower dry.gif

A talented 914 driver can take down *most* of the competition with a small FOUR.
High hp 911 driver's don't really like that so much...

KT
Joe Ricard
Keep it stock as you can. C stock is a great place to run a 914. Everybody has a Miata and get really set on thier heads when you come out and whip thier Tail in a 30 + yr old car.

There really is no great place to competatively run a 914. (unless you have wagon loads of money) So go out and learn how to drive fast with what you got.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.