Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Video of Bugatti at 253mph
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
drew365
Some of you may have seen this. It's a video of the Bugatti Veyron being taken up to top speed of 253 mph. Totally amazing how effortless it was on the car and driver.

http://www.glumbert.com/media/bugatti
degreeoff
F*%#&N unbelievable......that is FAST as hell WOW!
mrgreenjeans
QUOTE(drew365 @ Feb 14 2007, 10:14 PM) *

Some of you may have seen this. It's a video of the Bugatti Veyron being taken up to top speed of 253 mph. Totally amazing how effortless it was on the car and driver.

http://www.glumbert.com/media/bugatti

And to think this work of art may be on the chopping block, after the big shake-up at top of VW...........these guys that just came over from Audi seem......(you know : the ones that produced , what some have called a "trout-mouth" version of some of the most understated and elegant road cars made today), to have a pretty low grasp of the terms "beauty", exotica, or $PEED. Because they have been power/blinded themselves into believing the only things that count are ultra conservativsm, $afety, and the almighty Euro. Just watch.....these dumb asses will try to resurrect the Phaeton , before they axe the new Scirroco, GTI, or the Bugatti Veyron.
And probably get away with it, because they will reduce the number made even further and charge a lesser number for it. slap.gif
We live in such a time of mechanical marvel, delightful, and exuberant technology, BUT, its all playing second fiddle to the green.

I say bye1.gif , because its a foregone deal.....history.
I'm gonna archive this vid and watch it when I'm about 90 and see if anything else has come along to compare.

idea.gif Where's my flux-capacitor ?
driving.gif Im outa here mrgreenjeans
Andyrew
wow.. thats 100mph+ faster than i've ever been..

I want to drive it...
Allan
Damn, I'm ordering one Tuesday...
DerekKim
That is wicked fast! How much do those go for... hmmmm. Time for an AX.
effutuo101
I am torn between wub.gif and pray.gif

Does anybody have 800,000 quid I can have for the next 50 years? I will give you the car when I am done with it.
biosurfer1
pretty amazing car...i love the star wars music in the background:)
Michael N
WOW!!!! now that was exciting to watch. clap56.gif
hwgunner
That was awsome. And to think if the housing market had held out until one of the first 10 were delivered, a good friend of my fathers may have given me a ride in his. He got to the "shoe" stage and ended up canceling. As a developer he saw the end of the housing prices long before many and got out and banked everything. I guess I will just have to settle for the rides I got. Viper, Ferrari(3 different), Lambo, GT40 and scarriest of all---- BMW X5 at full tilt
drew365
Living in L.A. I see a lot of conspicuous consumption but I never thought I'd see a Veyron on the street. Well I saw one stuck in traffic on Sunset Blvd. today at the light on Sunset Plaza Dr. It was a creme color, driven by a black guy. I was shocked to see the car and didn't pay attention to the driver but it may have been Eddie Murphy. Certainly a waste of 1001 hp sitting in bumper to bumper. It was pretty nice looking even in such a bland color.
jgara962
Wow, that was great.

On either Youtube or Streetfire.net, there is video of the Veyron drag racing the RUF Yellowbird. The Yellowbird didn't stand a chance. sad.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.