Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I'm buying a GUN!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
McMark
A deer just hit my girlfriends 912. Motherf*cker. I'm getting a damn gun and taking up deer hunting with a vengance! Luckily it just hit her rear fender and I just popped that major dent back out. Is this just a fact of life or is there something that can be done? Do those deer whistles really work? ar15.gif
Brad Roberts
I now fully understand why my insurance runs more up here in Marin county than it did in Santa Clara county.

B
redshift
Sorry dood, glad you din't wipe out!

You guys stop hitting stuff!

M
sj914
Mark,
It's just a fact of life. I almost hit one the other nite near my house and it scared the shit outta me.
TheCabinetmaker
The deer population in Oklahoma is at an all time high. The season here has always lasted just 10 days, and you were limited to one buck, and one doe on the last day. This year, for the first time ever, the season is 20 days and you can take two buck and 3 doe on any day.
GWN7
Deer populations are at a all time high thru out North America.

Do the whistles work? I don't really think so, but for $2 I put them on the motor home.
rhodyguy
why do you guys insist on driving where the deers live? laugh.gif one of my favorite bartenders and her husband took on a black bear with their harley this past summer. harley 1 bear 0. they limped away and the bike was totaled.

kevin
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Nov 24 2003, 06:34 AM)
why do you guys insist on driving where the deers live? laugh.gif one of my favorite bartenders and her husband took on a black bear with their harley this past summer. harley 1 bear 0. they limped away and the bike was totaled.

kevin

talk about a bear hug laugh.gif
Pnambic
Hit a deer in Feb of '02.
Got the car fixed and added deer whistles.
Hit another deer in Mar '02.
Took Rhodyguy's advice and stopped driving that route after dark.
Haven't hit a deer since.

I'm not too convinced the whistles do a damn thing.
ppickerell
Just returned from NW Missouri and there were deer hung from trees in most peoples front yards. I wonder if this is meant to send a message.
Downunderman
Same problem different animal down here - the roo
redshift
I'd love to hit an exotic animal!

How much does a fat kangaroo weigh?

M
Qarl
I heard that the scent of dog urine on your lawn will keep deer away.

Maybe my dog could pee on your car for you. He is available for hire...

IPB Image
fiid
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Nov 24 2003, 05:34 AM)

kevin

This guy took out a bear with a pocket knife:

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor.../bear_stabbed_1

As for hitting wildlife on the roads all I can say in all Britishness is, "Oh Deer". I hit a deer in a borrowed car. It sucked. I guess theres not a lot you can really do about it.

Fiid.
Hawktel
QUOTE(redshift @ Nov 24 2003, 11:16 AM)
I'd love to hit an exotic animal!

How much does a fat kangaroo weigh?

M

I remember reading about how a SL300 in the 53 (?) Carrara race had Buzzard KO the navigator. They put "buzzard bars" in the windshield of the car. Maybe you need some kinda heavy deer bars on your 912, Mad Max style.

ar15.gif
PatW
I Know that 30odd-six or .308 Winchester does the job well.. ar15.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.