Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone done this
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jim_hoyland
I'm looking at several options when the inside door panels get redone; I'm curious whether anyone here has installed the RSA strap door openers--if so, I'd like to know how the connection to the door latch is made.

Thanks, jim
DanT
Jim, where did you get that pic....it is not of a RSA door handle or pull.
at least none I have ever seen before...

here is what the RSA door handle looks like
jim_hoyland
You're right Don. All the RSA handles I've seen are like yours and that's what I'm thinking of for the handle part. The picture was taken from appbiz.com, they sell RSA door parts. GS at Pelican Parts says they are vendors for them. I think the picture may be distorted? The reason the bezels are chromed is because that is what the ad was for.

In any case, the picture may not be precise, but I was interested in talking to someone else who did the pulls -or even looked intoo doing them.

Thanks, Jim
Cap'n Krusty
The one in Don's picture looks suspiciously like the ones in the '77 VW Bus sitting here in front of me ........................... The Cap'n
jim_hoyland
Good Point, I was thinking they looked familiar. Where would you recommend ordering the handles from? Do they come in tan as well as black ?

QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Feb 15 2007, 06:37 PM) *

The one in Don's picture looks suspiciously like the ones in the '77 VW Bus sitting here in front of me ........................... The Cap'n

jasons
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Feb 15 2007, 07:03 PM) *

I'm looking at several options when the inside door panels get redone; I'm curious whether anyone here has installed the RSA strap door openers--if so, I'd like to know how the connection to the door latch is made.

Thanks, jim

I fantasized about doing it. But, I ended up buying the 914GT Replica kit from Eric Shea and Ron S.. When I was thinking about it I checked with Appbizz.com, he will sell the parts to do it.

Sorry thats as far as I got with it. But, I'm sure it can be done. Go for it, I would love to see it done.
jim_hoyland
I'm looking at that too. Eric's kit is pretty nice. Do you have a picture of the results ?

QUOTE(jasons @ Feb 15 2007, 07:00 PM) *

QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Feb 15 2007, 07:03 PM) *

Thanks, jim

I fantasized about doing it. But, I ended up buying the 914GT Replica kit from Eric Shea and Ron S.. When I was thinking about it I checked with Appbizz.com, he will sell the parts to do it.

Sorry thats as far as I got with it. But, I'm sure it can be done. Go for it, I would love to see it done.

jasons
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Feb 15 2007, 08:07 PM) *

I'm looking at that too. Eric's kit is pretty nice. Do you have a picture of the results ?

No I haven't done it yet. Thats down the road a ways. Search for the Ron S. post. He kind of made the kit possible with his steel bezels for the straps. And he has a nice post about it with good pics. Its really personal preference. The look is more old school compared to the RSA style. I have a real soft spot for RSA's in general.
jim_hoyland
Update; Called Appbiz.com. They have a kit that includes two RSA door pulls, two RSA latch openers with an adapter for the existing rod, and two pull straps: $ 145

They are also ramping up production of 914 panels. Not FG, but vacuum molded--or something like that.

appbiz
Click to view attachmentBob at APPBIZ here

Really would like some feedback from you guys on our newest product.

We have been the leading vendor of 911/930 door panels for years. We have been asked by many 914 owners to develop more 914 products. After nearly a year we finally have 914 door panels in production. We had a big battle forming the top piece and finally decided we would do it in metal like the factory did on some cars. We think the results are spectacular.

Pictured above is our 914 RS America Plus panel. It features a 911 RS America Handle with OEM Bezels and a 916 style accordion pocket. Pictures of our other 914 panel sets will be added to this post as we upholster them. This model was the most complex so we figured we would tackle it first.

We have just begun production and will have several versions of 914 / 916 panels available very soon.

Again I would really appreciate your comments on these. We really value the opinions of you guys and with your help we can make this a terrific product.

Bob
bob@appbiz.com
VaccaRabite
Bob,

That looks awesome. Are these teasers, or are they actually in production now?

Zach
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.