Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Twin Turbo Six
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TimT
We are nearly done with a cool little project.

3.4L, Haltech E6, twin turbos.

We fabricated the intercooler/exhaust

The customer wanted to retain heat etc

TimT
muffler
TimT
exhaust
TimT
insulated
Click to view attachment

thats all for now drunk.gif
Brando
How well do those exhaust manifolds flow?

Looks awesome. How long will it take you to transfer that over to the 914?
TimT
those are some old B&B headers that we hacked up for this. I think they are
1-3/4" so they flow plenty.

We could stuff this in a 914 Im sure
Brando
Wierd... with those 'heater boxes' on there, it looked like the exhaust manifolds were just welded up rectangles laugh.gif

I got a shoe-horn if you got the KY...
tdsmoonchild
sweeeeeet!
RSWannabe

Really impressive build. Just curious, what are you doing for the intake side of the turbos? Does not look like there is alot of room for filters. Also, do you have any concern about the waste gates venting ontot the turbos/into the intakes?

Brooke
Mueller
very nice...I love the green on the motor and related parts !!!
TimT
Really impressive build. Just curious, what are you doing for the intake side of the turbos? Does not look like there is alot of room for filters. Also, do you have any concern about the waste gates venting onto the turbos/into the intakes

The air filters will sit on either side of the intercooler. There is enough room to run some hose back up into the engine compartment. The wastegates are actually below the turbo inlets, and are pointed down, so no worries about that

I love the green on the motor and related parts

The customer wanted to be able to see all the powder coated bits, so the intercooler is mounted higher than we normally would mount one.

intercooler is a 12X24X3.5

trial fit to get ideas how to plumb things

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.