Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hershey Pa Porsche Swap Meet / hotel and dinner meetup?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914rrr
We are thinking of going to the Hershey PA Swap Meet and wondered if anyone can recommend a hotel? I tried looking up several on travelpost.com, but the reviews were not good.

Any ideas or recommendations are appreciated!
ws91420
Last year we stayed at the Econolodge in Grantville. Not too far from Hershey.
914rrr
QUOTE(ws91420 @ Feb 15 2007, 08:43 PM) *

Last year we stayed at the Econolodge in Grantville. Not too far from Hershey.

Thanks for the reply. How comfortable are the beds and the free breakfast?
ws91420
Beds were sleepable. Breakfast was the typical continetal fare. Cold cereal, bagel, danishes, coffee, I think fruit, and some juices. We didn't look for a place till real close to the time of the event so pickings were slim for us then.
RON S.
I stay at the Econolodge in Grantville every time I go.

It's a good place,and only about 7 or 8 miles from the event.

Ron
914rrr
Sounds like a winner! We checked them out on travelpost.com and they had good reviews. Clean, good rooms...which we were not seeing in reviews for other hotels in the area.

Thanks!
914rrr
Okay, I booked a room. So unless I find anything else...this is where we are staying on April 27th. So if there are any other Porsche nuts going to the swap meet and are staying at the econolodge or near the hotel...let's get together for dinner on the 27th.

Rob
nomore9one4
Did they seem to have plenty of rooms available? I still have not made reservations sad.gif
914rrr
QUOTE(faux916 @ Feb 16 2007, 03:40 PM) *

Did they seem to have plenty of rooms available? I still have not made reservations sad.gif

As far as I know they do. Go to econolodge.com. Our room with king size bed non-smoking was 58.00 with AAA discount.
apexeric
My son and I have made reservations at the Best Western in Hershey. We have gone to the Hershey Grill for dinner in the past years - it's always good.. This year we are staying over on Saturday night and doing the AX in the morning. The Coco Diner has a great breakfast - at least it did last year - but I was so cold and wet last year that any thing would have tasted great.
914rrr
Okay, my wife checked out the Econolodge on travelpost.com and it had good reviews. We are going to stay over Saturday night, so if anyone wants to get together Friday or Saturday, PM us and we will exchange numbers/email and try to schedule a dinner meet. beerchug.gif

Rob
nomore9one4
We have reservations for friday and saturday at Econolodge. However,we may have to cancel our trip.. My sister who is presently living in Seattle is moving to Delaware. She has a baby due very very soon and I think I am going to change one road trip for another since Hershey seems to rain every year! beside I only seen little sis once since she moved to seattle(I think the libs held her hostage) blink.gif The plans may change before then. driving.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.