Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Way OT: 80 degrees here today
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
So.Cal.914
What a day today. Went for a walk in my shorts and sandals and broke

a little sweat. It's going to be hotter tomarrow, could be an early spring.

How about the rest of you? Good day?
Cruzing
Doing ok, Architectural work has gone South along with the industry here in SoCal, hope it will pick up soon. some Global warming hey, sure a lot of snow being thrown around the Country now, well see about Summer Temps soon, Me thinks a minipullation of funds to special interest groups coming up soon for a vote.. anyway
all could be better... smile.gif
Rand
QUOTE(So.Cal.914 @ Feb 16 2007, 12:16 AM) *

Is that why you always post in double-spaced lines???

I've been wondering, after all.

And while I could flick you crap about "tomarrow," I choose instead to enjoy tomorrow... The winds along the lake in our region just might be good for catching some air with the power kites.... Or just walking the shores in the mid-60 ish temps.

Ok, dammit, I cave.... I could use some hot weather about now!! laugh.gif
DEC
in Lower Saxony 28°F
Nothing with shorts and shirts ph34r.gif
But the sun is shinning cool_shades.gif

smilie_flagge6.gif
autohausdolby
It's about 8 degrees C here in Sheffield, about half way up the UK. That's HOT for this time of year sad.gif (I'm told that's about 46 degrees Fahrenheit smile.gif )
Jake Raby
It only got to 40 yesterday, but it was sunny..

The best part is I didn't have to wait in any long lines at the super market, both of our traffic lights were green when I passed through on the way in and I didn't have to sit in any traffic......
Doing that in So Cal would mean someone droped a
Nuclear bomb there and somehow you were the only person to survive the blast.
:-)
mudfoot76
-5 F here this morning, but it has been sunny for the past couple of days. All of the roads are pretty much cleared after our "blizzard" on tuesday. But at least it is sunny cool_shades.gif
Grelber
I'm at a trade show in Oklahoma City. It was 20 degrees w/ snow when I woke up.

Damn, I'm not used to that. It's COLD.
Casper
They are predicting a heat wave here. A high of thirty-five with snow and sleet mixed. Right now it's seven degrees. Casper, my 924 wasser pumper, doesn't want to go at that temperature and Little Red thinks snow is a four letter word.

Tom
adamfl
IPB Image

Cold. Won't stop me from sailing tommorrow though...
tdgray
Its 1 here wind chill is -17.

Bite me
Phoenix914
18F this morning on the way to work. Never should have moved back up here. Four years in Florida and I almost forgot how much I hate real winter. Didn't take long to remember.

I have a friend who lives in LA and a cousin in San Diego. Maybe it's time for a west coast visit. idea.gif
ChrisPaegelow
-1 F and beautiful sunshine!
BigDBass
-4 here. I'm a mean miserable bastard at the moment.
dagdal1967
QUOTE(Grelber @ Feb 16 2007, 05:31 AM) *

Don't feel bad Ron, It was 17F here in Dallas this morning. WTF.gif This is not NORMAL!

r_towle
its beautiful here, all snow covered.

We may have snow, and cold weather, but we dont have.
Earthquakes (CA)
Hurracaines (FL)
Volcanos (PNW)
Or swealtering heat (AZ)

We have seasons, and I love it here.
and, oh yah, its cold here right now.
Rich
So.Cal.914
This, for us is the best time of year. I am in the low desert in So Cal. But if

it makes you feel better, six months from now it will be 130. It's all relative.

You all stay warm and safe.
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(dagdal1967 @ Feb 16 2007, 08:38 AM) *

QUOTE(Grelber @ Feb 16 2007, 05:31 AM) *

Don't feel bad Ron, It was 17F here in Dallas this morning. WTF.gif This is not NORMAL!

yea so much for the hype on global warming.

And for you guys in Socal..... finger.gif

jgara962
It was 70 here in the wine country yesterday and is supposed to be a couple of degrees warmer today and Saturday. piratenanner.gif
aircooledboy
-11 when I got up this morning. Here is the view across the driveway from our bedroom window right now. The snow piles on the left are about 8 feet high. My little NARP babies are sleeping deep in that building, dreaming of a lot more green, and a lot less white.

Oh ya, you So. Cal. guys, alfred.gif finger.gif
slapshot914
Thirty-two degrees this am and forecast for low 60s this afternoon. Partly cloudy. Do I take the top off the car? Nah its suppoosed to drop back tot he forties this weekend with rain and wind.
Crazyhippy
Drove this am w/ the top off, and it was a bit too warm actually.... had to take the tie off and relax a bit biggrin.gif

BJH
Allan
I was at Slit's workplace today and it was like 84 degrees...
So.Cal.914
It;s 12:04 am and 70 degrees outside, it got up to about 85 at about 3;00 pm.

Clear and sunny. smile.gif
Porcharu
QUOTE(So.Cal.914 @ Feb 16 2007, 12:16 AM) *

I was working on my Volvos' all day long in the "heat wave" today - I think I got sun-burned and I wore sunglasses all day! (California weather sucks!!) Mueller took my interior from my daily beater and I am getting ready to scrap it and am taking anything good. Today I swapped engine wiring harnesses (not fun at all- kind of like swapping alternators on 914's but worse) amd pulled all of the AC stuff.

Steve
So.Cal.914
Not sure I agree with "Sucks" but yes it was warm about 87 here almost turned on the air in the house. Saw your post about your car, at least the interior will go to
good use.
dimitri
Know what i think is funny? Everybody is talking temps in stupid F.... except the Brit, who gave us this system and are more ahead on this than we are. Dimitri headbang.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.