IPB Image
nomore9one4
Very nice George! I see the resemblance smile.gif
So.Cal.914
Thats really nice George, vital stats?
Lou W
oohhh, I like it. wub.gif
Johny Blackstain
biggrin.gif Is that your final wheel choice!!? laugh.gif Beautiful... can't wait to see her finished. cool_shades.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(So.Cal.914 @ Feb 16 2007, 08:39 AM) *

Thats really nice George, vital stats?

we were very excited to learn from Porsche the other day that this is a 1965 356 sc model with the options of exterior mirror 165 15 dunlop tires and horn ring! It was 6407 red originally had never been damaged but we purchased it as a stripped body shell so have rescued it from the grave! (old joe cogbill (pap german auto parts) bought this car out of savannah, had only been painted once, and joe, the guy he is strips everything and sells it without paying any attention to the value of the car itself, so we call him the butcher (ask Jake!!) Anyway we purchased the car after he stripped it))
DerekKim
Wow it's beautfitul. So this is going to be a CW?
mudfoot76
QUOTE(Johny Blackstain @ Feb 16 2007, 12:15 PM) *

biggrin.gif Is that your final wheel choice!!? laugh.gif

The silver & black Fuchs look very nice on a red 356 drooley.gif

The cookie cutter, however == barf.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(DerekKim @ Feb 16 2007, 09:47 AM) *

Wow it's beautfitul. So this is going to be a CW?

We hope! These restorations as everyone knows are extremely expensive even for us to do it! If one enters the process on a budget, the restoration will never be done correctly. We of course will have more money in this car than it will ever be worth for the next ten years, but the joy of saving the car is well worth the price!! (Jeff B would probably think we were crazy for how much it cost us to restore the white and orange limited edition but would also commend us for saving it!!!!)
Jake Raby
George, the car looks slick for sure..

I think I recognize those chicken houses in the background...

It needs MassIVe power... (no cutting required!)
mrgreenjeans
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Feb 16 2007, 12:18 PM) *

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

huh.gif

So you're passing on the opportunity to use the donor cars motor....you know...... the one next to it ?

Just a little more welder.gif , and you could have a real wheel stander in the quarter----

----------------ahhhh, just a thought

Sam Charters
Well George
Looks like you have your work cut out for you. I am sure you will do a nice job on it.

Sam
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(Sam Charters @ Feb 17 2007, 11:35 PM) *

Well George
Looks like you have your work cut out for you. I am sure you will do a nice job on it.

Sam

Welcome aboard Sam! Certainly enjoyed our conversation the other day! very very enlightening!!
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(mrgreenjeans @ Feb 17 2007, 08:56 PM) *

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

huh.gif

So you're passing on the opportunity to use the donor cars motor....you know...... the one next to it ?

Just a little more welder.gif , and you could have a real wheel stander in the quarter----

AND A good one! I had not thought of that and the engine has not been installed yet. I could join the ranks of many others who performed similar performance enhancements! The jag guys call it lumping!
mrgreenjeans
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Feb 18 2007, 02:07 PM) *

QUOTE(mrgreenjeans @ Feb 17 2007, 08:56 PM) *

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

huh.gif

AND A good one! I had not thought of that and the engine has not been installed yet. I could join the ranks of many others who performed similar performance enhancements! The jag guys call it lumping!

And the poor "kitty" that had it done to........you know, the neutering, called it "humping".

A Ford 289 or a Chevy 350 ?!!!???? sawzall-smiley.gif and smash.gif In a Jaguar----NO, that just ain't right.......It may be British, but they still don't deserve that stromberg.gif

Nice ride, so please keep it whole and like it came from "das Vaterland", as I'm sure you will. It wouldn't be nice to see that GM lump under the boot, scaring away children , little old ladies, and sucking up road kill as it passed.

And half the group on this board, would probably disown you again............welcome back , BTW. Keep the faith
mrgreenjeans
DerekKim
I second the MassIVe power! It's german and air cooled!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.