Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT too good not to share
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
BigDBass
I can't really check that out yet (I avoid audio at work) but I eagerly look forward to seeing it. SRV is my all time favorite guitarist, and Little Wing is in my top 3 all time favorite songs (both SRV and Jimi versions), so thanks for the link!
byndbad914
agree.gif I am not a big blues fan and as a guitarist never really got into it, but Little Wing is hands down one of, if not the best, blues guitar recordings ever and I actually like SRVs better than Jimi (cleaner tones). Mellow blues, then rake through the harmonics, dump the bar and hit that bend and that song is off and rocking.
jasons
Thats on the end of the SRV Austin City Limits DVD. SRV is probably my #1 guitar hero.

His Voodoo Chile is incredible too.
drewvw
just got done with a little jam session myself....

SRV was the man. Heard a segment on NPR about him today, I guess both clapton and robert cray have said that last show in alpine valley was the best they've ever seen him play.
rjames
I was lucky and got to see him twice. Once when he was still a drinking/drugging man with Bonnie Riatt as an opening act. He brought her out on stage for a couple of numbers too- very cool. That was in 1986. Had front row balcony seats.

The 2nd time I was sitting 3 rows back from the stage. This was after he had cleaned up. I enjoyed the 2nd time more becuase he seemed to be having a lot more fun than when I saw him the first time. I thnk that show was in or around '88 or 89.

What a huge and tragic loss it was when he died.
JB 914
Classic stuff. thanks for the link.

SRV is a legend. I used to watch a VHS of "live at the el macambo"

wish i'd have seen him live.
rmital
QUOTE(JB 914 @ Feb 17 2007, 04:00 PM) *

Classic stuff. thanks for the link.
SRV is a legend.

...watching/listening to it made me happy and sad...
cooltimes
Don't you just love these old classics? I have been on that site all day.
Porcharu
Love it.
Both of em'. Maybe we need a spot for stuff like this to "pass on the good stuff" to our younger non members. I love both of these tunes - it's great to see the vids. Now we need to see Dick Dale do SRV and Jimmy. I'm sure it' out there somewhere I've seen him do it 5 times - brings a tear everytime he mentions Jimmy and SRV at his shows.
effutuo101
SRV RIP, he is missed.
Porcharu
To be totally honest I have to admit that I am indeed a "DICK-HEAD" I am proud of that too!!! I don't remember what the women that have been to 4 dick Dale shows are called.
If you live in SoCal please go and see a Dick Dale show while he is still doing them - you will have a blast. My wife shocked me and took me to a show a few years ago for my birthday when he was playing in the Santa Cruz mountains - It was a blast and my wife loved it (so did I.) He is still playing at '11' I think he always will - he invented it after all.
Steve
DBCooper
QUOTE(Porcharu @ Feb 17 2007, 10:41 PM) *

To be totally honest I have to admit that I am indeed a "DICK-HEAD" I am proud of that too!!! I don't remember what the women that have been to 4 dick Dale shows are called.
If you live in SoCal please go and see a Dick Dale show while he is still doing them - you will have a blast. My wife shocked me and took me to a show a few years ago for my birthday when he was playing in the Santa Cruz mountains - It was a blast and my wife loved it (so did I.) He is still playing at '11' I think he always will - he invented it after all.
Steve

Excellent advice. Dick Dale has to be the least known of the Guitar Gods, especially away from the west coast. See BB King, too, while you can. And Bo Diddley, Chuck Berry, the Rollng Stones. Those guys all created magic, and you don't get a chance to be around that very often. And when they go they're gone.
cooltimes
QUOTE(Paul Illick @ Feb 18 2007, 06:41 AM) *

QUOTE(Porcharu @ Feb 17 2007, 10:41 PM) *

Steve

Excellent advice. Dick Dale has to be the least known of the Guitar Gods, especially away from the west coast. See BB King, too, while you can. And Bo Diddley, Chuck Berry, the Rollng Stones. Those guys all created magic, and you don't get a chance to be around that very often. And when they go they're gone.

Letting them see the link:

http://www.dailymotion.com/visited/search/...k-dale-misirlou
drewvw
QUOTE(Paul Illick @ Feb 18 2007, 05:41 AM) *

See BB King, too, while you can. And Bo Diddley, Chuck Berry, the Rollng Stones.

I saw Bo Diddley last week at the Charles Hotel in harvard square. He is pretty old at this point but still can play. Saw him about 5 years ago too. Very few young people understand the impact his style of songwriting and simple progressions has had on pop rock.

Like the white stripes for instance....that's bo diddley songwriting 101
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.