Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914-6 Shroud Verses 911 Shroud
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
burton73
My shroud was broken near the fan and I bought a turbo shroud. I see that the shroud is a little different in the cooling area in plastic grey. My thinking is that I can remove the good plastic part the is riveted on to the black unit and match it up to the red unit and rivet it on. They is some extra sheet metal on the turbo on the inside. Who knows? I can do this job as I have modified a shroud from a MFI to CIS before so it should be OK. The question is the profile the same. It looks the same.

Bob
sixnotfour
Red is a later version, Has a removable section that covers the oil cooler , So you can change oil cooler with out removing the entire shroud.
You just need the piece that covers the oil cooler, should be easy to find and fits better than trying to mod your old one to fit.
burton73
I do not get it. Are you saying that sell the grey plastic part that is on the black shroud. That part is fine? I see the two nuts on the red shroud but there are also rivers there and the extra piece of sheet metal deflecting the air. In the picture you cannot see where the black shroud is broken.
Bob
Eric_Shea
He's saying you need another piece to make the red one work.
736conver
agree.gif
The red shroud is missing the piece for the air to flow over the oil cooler

You either need the end piece for the red shroud or hack the black one apart for the end piece.

As for the extra piece of sheet metal inside that might have something to do with cooling the turbo motor better?
SLITS
EASY charged me about $40 for the piece that fits over the oil cooler.
burton73
Guys, like I said I believe I can use the gray part from my black shroud but who is EASY? Just in case I break it drilling the rivets off. What do you guys think on the extra metal? Pull it of leave it? Eric my calipers will be there on Monday.

Bob

Eric_Shea
More than 1/2 of the grey piece on your black shroud is already molded in the red shroud. I imagine your talking about riviting it on top of the red piece.

I would simply get the right piece. Shouldn't be too much.
burton73
Eric,

Thanks. I got it now. Do they sell these parts new or what do they call them? Do you think I should remove the extra piece of sheet metal inside?

Bob
KenH
http://www.easypor.com/

Ken
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.