Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: fuelish questions
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
orange914
#1 what is the psi range of a stock 914 high pressure/high volumn pump with out regulator (UNREGULATED pressure)
#2 has anyone "adjusted" the regulator. it apears adjustable, if so what ranges will it cover (adjust down to).
#3 on the fuel pump relocation artical (installing ss replacement lines) in 914 info. why does the "fuel return" line from the engine "y" back into the "fuel supply line"? (2 different flow directions)
#4 where is the 3rd line on the pump (fuel return) going, its covered on the picture
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
toon1
you have to have some sort of restriction to build pressure, unregulated they don't put out much. I've seen them put aout 70-80 p.s.i.

I think they will go down to 20p.s.i. not sure.

Believe or not, there is a small hole inside the pump impeller housing that lets fuel into the pump motor area for cooling.

At the Y one line is sent to the F.P. and the other is returned to the tank.

On the later model cars there was an in and out on the pump, no third line. The return went right back to the tank.

Are you replacing the pump or the lines??
orange914
QUOTE(toon1 @ Feb 16 2007, 05:32 PM) *

you have to have some sort of restriction to build pressure, unregulated they don't put out much. I've seen them put aout 70-80 p.s.i.

I think they will go down to 20p.s.i. not sure.

Believe or not, there is a small hole inside the pump impeller housing that lets fuel into the pump motor area for cooling.

At the Y one line is sent to the F.P. and the other is returned to the tank.

On the later model cars there was an in and out on the pump, no third line. The return went right back to the tank.

Are you replacing the pump or the lines??

right, i didnt make #1 to clear, i was refering to dead head pressure. i'm wandering if the stock regulator is adjustable up-down

yes im replacing the lines on my sons 73 and relocating pump. i've just learned the 75-76 had front pump so i should get those year replacement.

so does the 75-76 front pump have a "y" into the inlet line? poke.gif seems like the flow directions would be an issue

thanks for the knowlege
toon1
I am not sure what the upper limit of the stock reg. is but it will go up and down in pressure.

you can put the" 73" 3 port pump in the front if you like, I did.

The later pumps don't have the Y, they flowed the excess fuel directly into the fuel tank.

BTW, if you are going to replace the pump you don't need to use a Porsche pump. MSD makes one that is $94, it's the pump I'm going with when I do my MS conversion, just an option. If you need a hand, I am close by, I am alway's looking for a reason to jump in the teaner and go driving.gif

Hey, do you by chance have a intake runner for a 1.7??
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.