Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: gpr giant 20% off sale
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dr914@autoatlanta.com
dave at gpr wanted me to tell everyone that he will be offering any part he has in stock for 20% off all day saturday 9-4 pst. The kid's back is really hurting so he needs some sympathy. Maybe we could all call him and buy something!
Joe Bob
I gave him a second opinion....I told he was uglee too.....

20% off his already low prices....good stuff.
gregrobbins
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Feb 16 2007, 05:31 PM) *

dave at gpr wanted me to tell everyone that he will be offering any part he has in stock for 20% off all day saturday 9-4 pst. The kid's back is really hurting so he needs some sympathy. Maybe we could all call him and buy something!

I recall getting an email saying Auto Atlanta was having a 20% off sale on Saturday the 17th too. You won't promote it, so I will. Your email alert service has saved me money, thanks George.
Joe Bob
What was the quote....oh yeah....20% off at Performance is Dave's everyday price....ya might wanna do some checking.....

Z....Dave's beeyotch....
Gary
Got my '69-'73 911 half shafts from him at the last one. Very competitive prices. Was able to complete my conversion to 911 parts from transmission flange thru wheel hub. No more trying to source 914 CV's that won't stand up to my -6! If I weren't on a little camping trip to the sandbox, I'd be ordering some 911 mirror bases and backing plates today...
type4org
QUOTE(gregrobbins @ Feb 16 2007, 08:28 PM) *

I recall getting an email saying Auto Atlanta was having a 20% off sale on Saturday the 17th too. You won't promote it, so I will. Your email alert service has saved me money, thanks George.

Of course it would help if their website actually worked. Every time I try to click on a part to get the description/price I'm getting an error message that www.autoatlanta.net cannot be contacted. sad.gif

dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(type4org @ Feb 17 2007, 01:45 AM) *

QUOTE(gregrobbins @ Feb 16 2007, 08:28 PM) *

Of course it would help if their website actually worked. Every time I try to click on a part to get the description/price I'm getting an error message that www.autoatlanta.net cannot be contacted. sad.gif

there were too many orders and the da..ed system locked up! It is free now. Got a bunch of faxes instead (felt like I was back in the early 80's again! We are all here now.
neo914-6
QUOTE(gregrobbins @ Feb 16 2007, 05:28 PM) *

This sale was my only negative experience with AA. Last year I inquired about a rubber kit a week prior to the sale and the salesman said it was included in the sale. A week after the order was placed I call to find out the status of the order and was told this kit was "already priced so low we cannot include it in the sale". The salesman said customer service was supposed to call and inform me. In my case, pre-confirming the sale price didn't make a difference so my advise in ordering is to be aware not everything may be included in the sale. This is not to discourage any buyers since it is an excellent opportunity to get a substantial discount.
URY914
I just ordered a set of rear bearing from Dave. Smokin' low $$$.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(neo914-6 @ Feb 17 2007, 08:34 AM) *

QUOTE(gregrobbins @ Feb 16 2007, 05:28 PM) *

This sale was my only negative experience with AA. Last year I inquired about a rubber kit a week prior to the sale and the salesman said it was included in the sale. A week after the order was placed I call to find out the status of the order and was told this kit was "already priced so low we cannot include it in the sale". The salesman said customer service was supposed to call and inform me. In my case, pre-confirming the sale price didn't make a difference so my advise in ordering is to be aware not everything may be included in the sale. This is not to discourage any buyers since it is an excellent opportunity to get a substantial discount.

and that is the confusion yes. We had stated that the sale priced items did not count. We have such a sloppy inventory system and so many sale packages from time to time that we never know what someone will find. I remember this incident from last year. The regular rubber kit was around 715. and we had a blowout kit with fewer pieces for a sale price one time when our rubber man sold us a blowout load of it one time. We just could not discount the sale rubber kit price because it was already heavily discounted from a one time blow out.
Things happen like that here because we continually try to be everything to everyone, ordering as little as a .28 cent washer if someone wants, all part of my SCREWED UP philosophy of being the chief enthusiast for the enthusiast!
The smart way to conduct business is just like the old automotion performance products or tweeks. Limited inventory, all new, very limited genuine from Porsche,stock this limited inventory, fire it out that day with no backorders, remove the things from the mass mailed catalog that do not sell, send the catalogs out every six months. Put up a website with this all new limited inventory on an easy to order shopping cart system, still have all of the technical expertise available, and have a money making venture! Stay tuned.

I am sorry that you along with many others have had a problem with our sloppy be everything to everybody, service, we are really trying harder. Automobile Atlanta Inc., serving the Porsche community since 1978. Same company, same guy, George Hussey 800 792 4944 770 427 2844 h 770 971 4960 cell 404 308 5652

Dave by the way thanks you for all of the orders he got today. They are all contributing the the "Save the Dave" fund (ask him about the results of his MRI!!!!!!!) (no he is not going to die)
Tobra
George, if you are still here, what does B stand for on your part #
G=Genuine
R=Reproduction
U=Used
B=?

Never mind, I am an idiot, gotta go see if I can make my CC start smoking
Bleyseng
B=Broken
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.