Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: MegaSquirt Pre-Start testing - some ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
3d914
I have the MS installation hooked up and taking to MegaTune on my Porsche 914. During the prestart testing the sensors checked out with reasonable values except the TPS & MAT sensors. I have the Barometric option OFF.

The MAT was reading 169, but it was a chilli 55deg here in Phoenix this morning.

The TPS was showing a high value 245 for the closed position, and 80 for the WOT position. I have the TPS rotating CW - resistance increasing with CW rotation.

Any thoughts?

TIA,
DNHunt
3d914

Make sure you include the corresponding .inc files in your Megatune directory otherwise it will use the default files that correspond to the GM sensors that Bruce used.

You will set the TPS values in Megatune so don't worry too much about that.

If all of the above is right then recheck the wiring

Dave
3d914
Dave,

The values I indicated for the TPS were from MegaTune TPS configuration. That's what I thought was weird.

Also, I thought I put all your .inc files in the directory, but I can double-check when I get home.
3d914
I checked the INC files at lunch, and I must have overwritten Dave's files with some from MS. Just replaced them and the MAT value was fine.

The TPS however is still behaving peculiar. I get voltage increase from 1.45v at closed throttle to 3.4v at WOT. I now suspect the ground connection for the TPS, as MS has a specific pin #19 for this. I'll have to check this when I get home.

TIA,
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.