Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: midwinter start
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
drewvw

my driveway is a solid sheet of ice. It sure looks lonely in there....
1970 Neun vierzehn
Because of this (the umteenth time we've shoveled this week)........

these don't go out in the winter
wbergtho
I suppose I should fire up the beast once this weekend for good measure. It's been sitting like this for a while now and will continue to sit until April! mad.gif
rmital
QUOTE(drewvw @ Feb 17 2007, 06:34 PM) *

my driveway is a solid sheet of ice.

...checked the extended forcast...it looks like it'll be warming up here in the Northeast later this week. Maybe even up into the 50's.

I've been gettin' the teener out at least once a week to stretch her legs...until this last "snow/ice" storm. Too tired to chop all the snow/ice down from my yard to street so it doesn't bottom out . Hasn't been such a bad winter though....

don't like to start her up unless I could go for a good 5 or 10 mile ride.
jfort
I did. I started her up. Got warm. Moved around in the garage a little bit --- all after snowblowing the driveway.
pfierb
QUOTE(jfort @ Feb 18 2007, 06:19 PM) *

I did. I started her up. Got warm. Moved around in the garage a little bit --- all after snowblowing the driveway.

That is the worst thing that you can do for your car.....All you did was create a lot of water in the crankcase and exhaust system.....unless you can take the car for a 10 mile ride leave it alone....the car dosen't know that it is cold out.
Joe Ricard
Drove mine to work today, 33 degrees. But should be near 70 this afternoon. 10% chance of rain.
and I agree with leave it alone until you can drive it and get it hot. all the water you are creating will require an oil change before you put it back on the road..
pin31
We have lucked out this winter (so far). Even though it's been below freezing for the last couple of weeks, we don't have any snow on the ground (or street). Being right on the ocean we have a buffer.

I've been able to start her up and go for a good drive (an hour or so) at least once a week all winter.

I agree with the previous posts that you shouldn't start it up if you can't take it for a drive (1/2 hour or more).

Spring is right around the corner !!!!!!! Gentelmen, start your engines !!!
balljoint
Plus we are getting an earlier start to Daylight Savings. Longer days or at least the perception of longer days makes me feel like I have more time to work on the car.

I put my car to bed with some Stabil in the gas tank and although I would be glad to take a 16 km drive there is just way too much salt residue on the roads.

Waiting for Spring and a cleansing rain.....
drewvw
...checked the extended forcast...it looks like it'll be warming up here in the Northeast later this week. Maybe even up into the 50's.

man i hope it doesn't get up past the 30s...the skiing in NE is quite good right now.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.