Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 911 e brake question: shoe thickness
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Aaron Cox
hey all,

i got some early 911 rear arms, and proceeded to pull the hubs out and get th ebrakes off of them yesterday.

my question: what is the minimal 'pad' thickness allowed? and where is it measured from?

AA
So.Cal.914
I don't think there would be a minimum Aaron considering you only apply

it when parked. Have them arched to fit the drums and there done.
Eric_Shea
I searched the entire factory manual for your year brakes. Nada. There is one errant description way in the back of the brake section stating the handbrake lining is 25mm (or .98"). NO POSSIBLE WAY. They "may" have been 7-8mm when new.

Most I've seen look to be between 4-6mm.

Paul is correct. If there's lining on there, you're probably in good shape. You don't have to do any arching though...
736conver
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Feb 18 2007, 02:57 PM) *

I searched the entire factory manual for your year brakes. Nada. There is one errant description way in the back of the brake section stating the handbrake lining is 25mm (or .98"). NO POSSIBLE WAY. They "may" have been 7-8mm when new.

Thats width your seeing Eric.
The minimum lining thickness is 2mm.
Aaron Cox
cool. i think i am good smile.gif

this will be a spring break project i believe.... (3 weeks away)
Eric_Shea

They list the width at 32.0mm (1.26") - Section T page 5.
Eric_Shea

Ooooooooops... correct Sir. It's listed as an update for the 1970 MY. - Section ST (supplements group T Tires, Brakes and Wheels) page 24. wacko.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.