Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Big Brakes
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
PRS914-6
Well, I said I wasn't going to go the big brake route but a full set of 993 calipers landed on my lap for cheap. Note that this requires the 951 Fuchs on the front to clear. but I had them already.

I slotted the rotors in my mill. Quick and easy and saved a bunch.

Here are a couple of pictures. Note the size and venting compared to the 77 911 rotors.

The calipers weigh about the same but the rotors are 4 lbs heavier!
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
ChrisPaegelow
Beautiful!!! wub.gif
Aaron Cox
very nice! makes my boxsters look very small!
McMark
Cool!
So.Cal.914
Eyegasms!
xitspd
Very nice! I have been running 993 Twin Turbo brakes on my teener for about 5 years now on all corners. They work great. Joe Obrien(Series9) is running some large brakes as well. Good luck!

Dan
PRS914-6
Dan, who's caliper adapters did you use?
xitspd
StopTech : Balanced Brake Upgrades

Jeff Hayes designed them will he was with Cool Rotors.

Dan
PRS914-6
I wanted to stay with Fuchs and to the best of my knowledge these brakes are the largest you can get under a Fuchs and the 951 style wheel is a must. They calipers won't fit with a std 7" Fuchs.

Check out the clearance even on a 951 wheel....very close
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
And the rears.....
Click to view attachment
I fabricated this anchor plate. The old ears on the rear arms will be cut off and this piece will get welded on with the correct bolt pattern. I didn't like the idea of redrilling the bolt pattern on the calipers.
Click to view attachment
John
QUOTE(xitspd @ Feb 18 2007, 04:48 PM) *

Very nice! I have been running 993 Twin Turbo brakes on my teener for about 5 years now on all corners. They work great. Joe Obrien(Series9) is running some large brakes as well. Good luck!

Dan

Dan,

Nevermind.

It just figured out that was a lug-nut tie-down in your pic. I couldn't figure out what that thing was for the longest time....
Eddie914
What rotors are you using?

What hat/adapter are you using?

Looks great!

Thanks

Eddie
Matt Romanowski
Paul - If I had known you were doing this, we have a couple of mounting ears all cut up and tapped, profiled for a perfect fit to the arm (makes for easy welding).

I think your right about not redrilling the caliper. Looks like a nice setup. Make sure you get your pad materials right as you won't be putting much heat into them.

Matt
mikeyb33
regarding brake upgrades: I'm sure I'm not the first to ask, but I haven't had much luck doing a forum search. Can anyone point me to threads/posts on doing brake upgrades?

I won't go into details (yet) on what I have on my car now. I would like to do some research before I start asking specific questions. If anyone can point me to one or more general starting points I'd greatly appreciate it!

thanks,
mike
PRS914-6
The best info I have found is the Ultimate Brake Upgrade thread on the bird board. Although it is for 911s, it is the same for us if you are doing 5 lug

Located HERE
mikeyb33
QUOTE(PRS914-6 @ Feb 26 2007, 03:01 PM) *

The best info I have found is the Ultimate Brake Upgrade thread on the bird board. Although it is for 911s, it is the same for us if you are doing 5 lug

Located HERE

wow, great collection of posts - thanks!!

(yes I'm running 5-lug)

-mike
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.