Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Just installed my new wiring harness
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
MrKona
I hit a milestone in my winter project today. I completed the brand new fuel injection wiring harness that I've been working on this winter. It includes all new connectors, terminals, wire, and casing - Everything. The only parts I reused were two connector boots and the plastic relay socket for the fuel pump relay. I was very careful assembling it, but will still have my fingers crossed when I start the engine for the first time.

Let me just say that this project took quite a bit of time to complete; hours sourcing parts, and a lot of concentration. I have much respect for Jeff Bowlsby and anyone else who has rebuilt a harness! beer.gif

- Bryan
brp914
nice job. where did you get the connectors and boots? 15 yrs ago I built most of a harness and combined that with my first engine rebuild. Very risky, but no choice. Fortunately it worked fine or I woulda been in a real pickle.
rudedude
Nice Work!
It will be very satisfying when you first fire it up and it runs and to know that you can repair anything on your 914.
After that can you make your sources available to other members so we can attempt those same endeavours.
Thanks
MrKona
Thanks Guys,

Parts sources, for your reference. Just my compiled search. I hope this is of help if you decide to rebuild or repair any wiring.

autopartswarehouse.com
2-Wire connector housing, with terminals and boots:, part number 1287013003. Black only, not the original colors.

kayjayco.com
3- and 6-wire housing and terminals.

Eagleday.com
Wiring in short sections, terminals, boots, connectors

http://www.vehicle-wiring-products.co.uk/V...epage/home.html
Wiring in short sections, terminals, boots, connectors (A great resource, cheap prices, very reasonable shipping from the UK).

mcmaster.com
Heat shrink tubing

waytekwire.com
Automotive wire.

busboys.com
Fuel injection harness pin tool

And I also need to add a valuable academic resource, and that is Jeff Bowlsby's web site. http://members.rennlist.com/914_wiring_harnesses/

He has graciously posted wiring diagrams online, which were a great reference in identifying wires on which the factory numbering was illegible.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.