Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Is this 75 roller worth $1k ??
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Doug73/2.0
I spotted a local 75 for sale. No motor or tranny. Story told is one owner 47K miles but the motor sieged and was tossed with the tranny long ago. Car last registered in 85. Claims to have been garaged since. I'm going back Wednesday to take a closer look. At quick glance the body looks rust free but strangely the interior is pretty worn for only 47K miles. drivers seat is NG and lots of cracks on the dash, carpets pretty worn. The yellow paint is probably a repaint. Looking over the rear wheels the trailing arm tie points are spayed yellow. I don't recall seeing that area normally painted same as the body. I'll bring a camera and see if I can post pictures. Current owner is a Porsche repair shop who says they got it when the owner moved last month and had to get it out of his garage.

Any thoughts...Thanks Doug
nebreitling
i don't like the spray around the trailing arms. what are they hiding?

as long as it's at a shop, get the car up on the lift. poke around w/ a screwdriver, look CLOSELY for rust. particularly on the drivers side (under the battery). it's there, just a matter of how much. of course, post pictures!

from the sound of it, i doubt if that roller would go for 1k on the west coast (i wouldn't pay), but it might out east. still, unless you're looking for a project, i'd wait for a complete, running car to come around. much more fun! buy the best 914 you can afford -- it will be cheaper in the long run

MDB2.gif

WELCOME!

nathan
biosurfer1
as for the interior, if the 47k miles are true, alot of people can beat the crap out of their car in that time(drive hard, left in sun) so that doesnt necessarily mean it's not the true miles.
GWN7
Or it could be 147,000 mi....

Take a magnet to check the body for bondo.

I drove to Nevada for a $400 roller. Add the trip costs to that and it ends up being worth closer to $2,000 now.
r_towle
If its the one in Stow, look closer
Look at the long under the battery, the bottom of it, otherwise its a good buy.
They have engines and trannies there too.
Rich
Doug73/2.0
Thanks everyone for the advice.
Richard...wow, You are correct it is the one in Stow that I'm talking about. From the comments, sounds like I'd be better off to hold out for a complete running car. smile.gif
Joe Bob
Still have this 74 with a 2.0.....need some room soon for the 914/6......
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.