Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Has anyone???
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
East coaster
I've read a couple threads where people said they were going to install a "gas heater" in their 914, but has anyone actually done it yet? This seems interesting. I would like to run a header my 3.6 conversion, but I still want heat/defrosters. I though about fabbing a heat ex to work with the headers, the one I built for my airplane works great why not a 914. The gas heater seems worth investigating, I'd love to see pics of someone's install???
Huey1092
I had one on a 1951 M38 Military Jeep that I restored and it worked well. It was located outside the cab and poured heat in through the front air vent. It gave you instant heat but it was noisy. Not sure how it would work on a teener.
jonwatts
I think Zois tried to light a fart in a 914 once.
redshift
roflmao

m
ChrisFoley
I looked into it briefly. Finding a suitable location and plumbing it are a challenge in a 914, besides the initial price of a new one. There's a company in Canada (I lost the link) that sells Eperspacher units of a good size. They're over a grand.
If you ask at the T4 forum at Shoptalk Forums someone will have info.
Joe Bob
QUOTE(jonwatts @ Nov 24 2003, 11:20 PM)
I think Zois tried to light a fart in a 914 once.

Yeah....but I couldn't get YOU lit....too rich.
philinjax
This guy might be able to help you............ http://hometown.aol.com/arkmirvis/heaterman.html

Phil
kdfoust
You might want to search around for a company called WEBASTO (sp might not be perfect). They built a lot of accessories back in the old days (up to the '70s AFAIKR) for MBs and other European cars. Heaters and sunroofs were for sure in the product line.

Good luck,
Kevin
bernbomb914
The 73 Thing had gas a heater that was in the front trunk

Bernie
East coaster
Thanks for the info guys! Looks like no one has actually put one in a 914 yet?? I hate being bleeding edge, but I might try this if I can find a way to do a sano stock looking install.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.