Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1.8 FP Engine...whats it worth
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
r_towle
As above, long block, will put in car and get running for someone to see, smell, hear...
Will do compression test.

I may get a build sheet and dyno sheet with it...

What is it worth, and does anyone want it??

Rich
bam914
What parts are in it? I have one for sale also. I am asking $3500.00 w/solex carbs and header.

Blake
r_towle
any bites at that price?
r_towle
If I get this car, I NEED to sell the motor. (Or the wifey might be a little mmmmmmm pissed)

BRAD, OTTO, JAKE, do you know of a need for this?
I will get the build sheet and be prepared to pay you a commission to sell this for me.
Should have build sheet and dyno results early next week, along with motor.
It is in the car now, I will get it running (sitting since last rebuild over four years now)
I will take video, pics etc to assist in the sale.

Rich
r_towle
bump
Brad Roberts
I personally cant think of anyone needing the engine. Most of the FP/EP guy's I know are semi secretive about their engines/builders.

B
r_towle
Is there a web site more focused on these guys, the FP/EP crowd that has classifieds???

I really dont like ebay, but I will if thats the only place..

I looked at the rennlist, pelican, and the pca site, not really focused on this crowd, the scca site(s) did not seem to have a classified area (seems silly, but I am not a member yet, so maybe there is a hidden area for members???)

Rich
Brad Roberts
Ebay. I can only think of 8-10 cars across the USA that run EP/FP (914's at least)

The ones I know wont buy a engine... they have combo's that they are geared for and plumbed for which means each engine is built with that tub in mind. Most of them do have 1-2 spare engines ready to go and 1-2 spare tranny's.

B
machina
QUOTE(r_towle @ Nov 25 2003, 03:16 PM)
Is there a web site more focused on these guys, the FP/EP crowd that has classifieds???

rich,

check out the production car forum at:

http://www.coloradoscca.org/prodcar/index.php

Not much 914 chatter but at least it is class specific.

dr
brant
Rich,

my $.02
People will spend a ton on race motors... but they do it largely for pedigree.. or because they know the builder, trust in the builder, and the builder has incorporated some tricks and craftsmanship....

I think a used motor without this pedigree will be a harder sell.

I've sold a used race motor in the last year and only got $2100....

brant
edgetoo
Hi,

You hit the nail on the head. If the motor is not plumbed for your chasis, you have to take it apart to find out what passages are blocked off. (Or guess and hope it is being oiled & doesn't blow.) I am looking for one now too.

Ed Givler (781) 871-1773 08 FP 914-4

(Blake, we finallly got it together and had a good season)
groot
Rich,

Are you still trying to sell the 1.8L?

Kevin
Eric_Shea
Kevin,

How are ya? How's your car running? Did those struts work out?

Eric

(Dad in Eaton Rapids)
groot
Hey, Eric,

How are you doing?

My car is stripped of everything, even the windshield. I'm nearly ready to have it stripped of its bondo, before the repair, cage and other business gets started in earnest. So, I haven't even installed the struts yet, but I'm excited to get it all together.

Unfortunately, it's been too damn cold to work too long in the garage up here. Why did I leave LA??????
r_towle
SOLD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.