Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT - New Toy
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
seanery
So I finally picked out a bike. After all of my searching I did some research and had some discussions with owners past and present and decided on a 907. I know the Paso nay-sayers won't like it, but I'm excited and it fits the bill nicely for what I was looking for. The bike I chose was owned by a collector and has been meticulously maintained.
mudfoot76
Sweet ride!!

But how does it look without the faring?
effutuo101
SWEEET! Nice pick
rick 918-S
Nice, How long til we read about the body cast.... blink.gif
xitspd
Very COOL! I love Duc's. Desmo sound rules! Here is a picture of his bike's sister naked in my front yard..........

Dan
ahdoman
Hey Seanery nice score. Up until about a year ago I was the propud owner of it's little brother. I loved my Paso and wish I never would have parted with it. If I ever get another one it will be the 907.
mrgreenjeans
QUOTE(seanery @ Feb 19 2007, 11:03 PM) *

So I finally picked out a bike. After all of my searching I did some research and had some discussions with owners past and present and decided on a 907. I know the Paso nay-sayers won't like it, but I'm excited and it fits the bill nicely for what I was looking for. The bike I chose was owned by a collector and has been meticulously maintained.

Great choice !!!

Speak any Italian ?

Better learn, as they are a wonder to keep in the real world. Finicky , but like they say:

C'est la Vie !!!!

AND, you apparently actually found one without a front fender that has been not vandalized , (signed) by some ex-road racer at a track , when the PO had it there for the races.
Besides, Sharpie pens do come in other colors, and if It was mine and I wanted it autographed, it would have to be in red, so you would have to look real hard to see the stromberg.gif

Enjoy !!! Theyre a trick ride ---fo' sho ! aktion035.gif

mrgreenjeans
mrgreenjeans
QUOTE(seanery @ Feb 19 2007, 11:03 PM) *

actually, that last message was a little bit filled with the motorheads version of "penis envy"

Wish I had my triple 8 back, but now ride a '96 S-2 Buell and a '99 Triumph SP 1200 LE---1 of 145 made.

ENJOY !!! smilie_pokal.gif
PatW
QUOTE(seanery @ Feb 19 2007, 07:03 PM) *

I'm excited and it fits the bill nicely for what I was looking for. The bike I chose was owned by a collector and has been meticulously maintained.

You have made a good choice. Too bad I don't speak Ducati anymore, I still got the want's for a 851/888 one of these years.

Keep an eye on the cam belts and rollers. Learn how to adjust the valves. Have fun... biggrin.gif

The first time you crack open the throttle hard you'll be in love..
seanery
I can't wait to see how the valvetrain works. Zois mentioned it once before...I hope I have someone around me who's done it before to make sure I don't kill it. smash.gif
seanery
This is what it looks like with the bodywork removed.
Rusty
Damn, that's sexy. wub.gif

But then, I've been told that I don't have the temperment to own a bike. dry.gif

-R

"A man has got to know his limitations"
-Clint Eastwood
PatW
QUOTE(seanery @ Feb 20 2007, 08:34 AM) *

I can't wait to see how the valvetrain works. Zois mentioned it once before...I hope I have someone around me who's done it before to make sure I don't kill it. smash.gif

I think I still have the "how to" video.. I'll PM ya if I do... Or check out Pro Italia.
ChrisPaegelow
QUOTE(seanery @ Feb 19 2007, 09:03 PM) *

Ooooooh that's nice!!! I've always wanted a Ducati but I'm too poor... Maybe next summer I'll be able to get one pray.gif
PORobinSCHE
Exceleent choice! when they were new i had the distinct pleasure of following a friend down a mountain road in N. Georgia. i thought i was doing great following him on my Yamaha turbo. then the chap took his left hand off the bar and rode thrua few curves one-handed....truly an excellent handling m/c
seanery
Robin-I dig the RTs...looked at those, too, but a bit too much moolah for me biggrin.gif
mrgreenjeans
QUOTE(seanery @ Feb 20 2007, 09:22 PM) *

Robin-I dig the RTs...looked at those, too, but a bit too much moolah for me biggrin.gif

Ahh the German connection-----

MUCH moolah

Serious drooolah drooley.gif

These guys can rock and roll at terminal velocity all day. Saw a guy 1 1/2 years ago up at Glacier, when we were there for a fellow 914 owners wedding . Put on about 40,000 miles a year on one of these RT's. Lives to ride, I guess, he had just motored in from TN. , and had ridden at warp speed for about 2 days to get there. Serious Iron Butt material. Over triple digit speeds all day long and had a Valentine hard wired into his helmet. Saved him about 4 times, he said just in the last two days. Said one trooper was so pissed, he had outbraked the gun, that he followed him at 65 for about 20 miles ! Too funny, and he said as soon as the trooper turned around again, the throttle lay wide open !

His skin was as dark as Bock Bier, and the consistencey of dry parchment scrolls unearthed from the Dead Sea.

But the grin said it all !!!!!!

Must have had a lot of German blood in his ancestory
xitspd
QUOTE(xitspd @ Feb 19 2007, 07:32 PM) *

Very COOL! I love Duc's. Desmo sound rules! Here is a picture of his bike's sister naked in my front yard..........

Dan

This is my pit bike. My SR4 Monster is for twisties. My brother has a BWM. Very nice and solid with the exceptions of heavy shifting and no Desmo Sound!

Desmo Dan
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.