Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Passenger side mirror
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
swm914
Hi all,
My "new" 1974 2.0 does not have a passenger side mirror. Can I assume that 914's never came through with them? I know I've seen some with them. In fact, recall reading that there is no left and right side as the mirror can be flipped. Just wondering how it was originally and thought someone would know. Thanks!
Steve
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(swm914 @ Feb 20 2007, 11:29 AM) *

Hi all,
My "new" 1974 2.0 does not have a passenger side mirror. Can I assume that 914's never came through with them? I know I've seen some with them. In fact, recall reading that there is no left and right side as the mirror can be flipped. Just wondering how it was originally and thought someone would know. Thanks!
Steve

IIRC.. the right hand mirror was an option. But I do know that they are available NOS from Porsche. I bought two just recently. The base gasket is NLA, though.

Inside your door you will find the nutplate for the RH mirror.

davep
The RH mirror was standard equipment for Japan, and optional everywhere. It has convex glass.
Tobra
part # 914-731-040-10

about $110 at the dealer, last time I checked, parts monkey seemed very surprised a 914 mirror was still available
hwgunner
OEM Base gasket is available from several sources.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.