Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Pretty Cool Link
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
addwestern
ok, so imagine you live in portugal and your moving house. you find a lovely farm house set in a decent plot of land. the place has been empty for 15 years!

whilst exploring your new property you find a large barn in the trees. the door is padlocked shut and its all rusted solid. so you grind the padlock open.........

Not quite as many as my shop
Link to Story
degreeoff
Unreal
jasons
Think its a legit story? Could be one of them internets thangs.
jd74914
Uh guys . . . I got this message when I hit the link, what did you do laugh.gif

Warning!
Please note you have been warned for a message you have posted
jd74914
I just got in. That was posted a few weeks ago and people were speculating on a forum how all of those cars go in there. I think the "best" theory was that they were seized by the government for taxes. It would so be cool to find all of that in your new barn though.
Twystd1
Thats Slit's backyard...

Thats why I hate him so much.

Twystd1
johannes
Picture are real but story isn't ... As 95% of the stories told on the Internet ...
jhadler
QUOTE(johannes @ Feb 21 2007, 09:37 AM) *

Picture are real but story isn't ... As 95% of the stories told on the Internet ...

Then what's the real story???

-Josh2
cooltimes
All I could do with any of those is think:
driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif
That is an old liar's tale that pops up every now and then.. but ain't it fun to dream.

beer3.gif
Justinp71
I guess anything is possible, but that is one big ass barn to all of a sudden "find" in the farm land he bought.

There obviously most be a road around leading to it. I bet the owner bought the land knowing that the cars were there.
Loser_Cruiser
This reminds me. Did Mueller ever find out what the old lady had in her garage? or did i miss that.
SGB
Read it a little more carefully. It never said it happened, It just presented a little fantasy.
914 dror
This is a bullshit story for sure!
In one of those pics. You could spot a 205 Peugeot that had a frontal accident
This car is dated 1990 an on and it is at the same dusty condition as the rest of the cars
Second - all cars have fully inflated wheels??? Main doesn’t hold air for 2 years how come those cars held up for 15 or more?
Third - this is a barn in the middle of the woods? How about one pic from the out
Side?

I’m from Israel and this bull shit story runs here at all cars forums as well
Guessing from that - it’s a brilliant sales stunt for igniting the imagination of poor sick people like us all around the world.

Have fun
beerchug.gif
jhadler
QUOTE(914 dror @ Feb 22 2007, 12:47 AM) *

This is a bullshit story for sure!
In one of those pics. You could spot a 205 Peugeot that had a frontal accident
This car is dated 1990 an on and it is at the same dusty condition as the rest of the cars
Second - all cars have fully inflated wheels??? Main doesn’t hold air for 2 years how come those cars held up for 15 or more?
Third - this is a barn in the middle of the woods? How about one pic from the out
Side?

I’m from Israel and this bull shit story runs here at all cars forums as well
Guessing from that - it’s a brilliant sales stunt for igniting the imagination of poor sick people like us all around the world.

Have fun
beerchug.gif

Okay, so some of the facts don't hold up. But what is the REAL story. But I highly doubt that some joe six-pack decided to wrangle up a couple million dollars worth of old cars so he can stick 'em in a warehouse, cover them with dust, take pictures, and pull some kind of stupid hoax with them. What's the story about the pictures!!! I don't really care about the backstory at this point. I just want to know about how the cars got into that building in the first place!

-Josh2
cooltimes
QUOTE(jhadler @ Feb 22 2007, 11:25 AM) *

Okay, so some of the facts don't hold up. But what is the REAL story. But I highly doubt that some joe six-pack decided to wrangle up a couple million dollars worth of old cars so he can stick 'em in a warehouse, cover them with dust, take pictures, and pull some kind of stupid hoax with them. What's the story about the pictures!!! I don't really care about the backstory at this point. I just want to know about how the cars got into that building in the first place!

-Josh2

I think I have traced it partially back to this site but not certain. The files actually were from a place in the USA ( www.imagelink.com) that were encapsulated in the photo properties you linked to but the link at imagelink was deleted and it led nowhere.
I used other methods of back tracking and found this link I pasted at the bottom. Just look at the images found by clicking the choices from top to bottom. Will see if I can go deeper.
What I do see at the link below is extremely interesting. In Spanish but photos shown are some amazing old junk cars and classics too. The country is mostly Spain I am almost certain and while some are showing junk yards, I think the classics in the building are part of a museum collection in their unrestored, junk sitting protected from the elements other than the dust.

http://www.interclassico.com/index.php?action=pach

Mike
cooltimes
This is so relative to the subject and now 914 which makes it no longer a OT subject.

I had to stick this link in here. biggrin.gif

http://www.interclassico.com/index.php?act...intrs&id=36

Mike

Editing hours later. The mystery about this may be solved. These appear to be a photo collections of a group of individuals showing all these cars, whether classic or not. Neat collection.

Brando
I'd sell all but the formula V racer and 356...
John
If one did buy a property and vehicles were on said property, would one really "own" those vehicles without a proper title being transferred to the property buyer?

I don't think title on vehicles transfers like that (perhaps things are different in different countries).

Perhaps I am wrong and title does transfer.

Anyone know the legal aspects of this "fantasy" if it were to happen in the USA? I know property taxes/registration would be a bitch.

I own enough cars to know that I DON'T want that many.

I had a friend in High School whose dad had that many cars. They were not all indoors (most were outside). He apparently acquired cars through poker games and good luck. He was also in the right places at the right times to buy old collector type cars on the cheap. None of them were restored, but many seemed like they could be restored.

I don't think the story told was accurate. (Internet Myth)
cooltimes
QUOTE(John @ Feb 22 2007, 03:37 PM) *

I don't think the story told was accurate. (Internet Myth)

Hey John, I'll paste it again. biggrin.gif
http://www.interclassico.com/index.php?action=pach
Look there. It's all just parts of a few Spanish photo car collections on that page.
beerchug.gif

Just for the fun of looking, here is another part of it.
http://www.interclassico.com/index.php?action=cotm

Mike
grantsfo
Remember the AK Miller find? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexander_Kennedy_Miller
vanaman
still it is awesome to dream about.
but one thing that has me, look at the brake pedal on the 356.

steve
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.