Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Keep the original engine?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bryanf
I have a '75 2.0 that is essentially all original. About a year ago I replaced the tired old engine (250K miles) with an engine from a donor car, but kept the original. Should I just sell the engine with the donor...or keep it just in case 85hp smog equipment laden engines ever become the hot thing?
Rotary'14
QUOTE(bryanf @ Feb 21 2007, 09:23 AM) *

I have a '75 2.0 that is essentially all original. About a year ago I replaced the tired old engine (250K miles) with an engine from a donor car, but kept the original. Should I just sell the engine with the donor...or keep it just in case 85hp smog equipment laden engines ever become the hot thing?

IMHO, you should keep your original motor and sell it with the car when the time comes (if you can squeeze the room)

if not

I think your car needs to pass smog check,, make sure you have all the emissions equipment from your old engine (including exhaust cats) before you get rid of your original engine.

-Rob
Rusty
Well, you live in California... God only knows what kind of smog rule's you're going to have in the coming years. No one thought the rolling exemption would stop. It did.

Hopefully, they don't push that exemption back. sad.gif

If I were you, I'd build a crate for the engine and stack stuff on top of it for storage space.
PinetreePorsche
Or maybe, if the wife is as high milage as the motor, do a swap for one who won't look in the garage.
McMark
Lawrence has got it right. Turn it into a workbench. wink.gif
Chris Pincetich
I've posted this before, but just to remind everyone

I can offer FREE pick-up and "disposal" of 2L TIV engines in the SF Bay Area. Just PM me and it will be gone biggrin.gif
beerchug.gif

G e o r g e
QUOTE(ChrisNPDrider @ Feb 21 2007, 10:43 AM) *

I've posted this before, but just to remind everyone

I can offer FREE pick-up and "disposal" of 2L TIV engines in the SF Bay Area. Just PM me and it will be gone biggrin.gif
beerchug.gif

chairfall.gif

And i'll offer the same service in Socal beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.