Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: shroud color
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tomkirkcis
Hi all. The sheet metal and headers are back from the powder coater and it is time to install my new to me 3.2 twinplug into my 1970 914-6. The shroud that came with the engine had flacking red paint over an orangish red shroud. I stripped the red paint and the original shroud had been scuffed and must be repainted. The question is what color. The car is signal orange and most colors I think of would probably look terrible. Black would not clash but booooring. Anyone seen a good color combo with an orange car? ps sheet metal black and header and muffler silver ceramic coating
So.Cal.914
I like the way this looks.

Click to view attachment
tomkirkcis
Is that a factory 911S red colo shroudr or is it a custom red? Is the orange signal or a darker orange. I agree, the red looks a lot better than I was imagining. thanks tom

QUOTE(So.Cal.914 @ Feb 21 2007, 07:37 PM) *

I like the way this looks.

Click to view attachment

effutuo101
a shade of purple might work.
So.Cal.914
QUOTE(effutuo101 @ Feb 21 2007, 04:58 PM) *

a shade of purple might work.

Don't you mean Aubergine?
Twystd1
Salmon,

In recognition of the UTAH contingent...

C
Rusty
Stock 914/6 was black... and some grain from the fiberglass was visible.

According to Pat Paternie in his Porsche 911 book, the color of the shroud on some early 911 motors signified something: the 911S engines had red shrouds, the E engines had green shrouds and the T engines had yellow or black shrouds.

My opinion: It's your car. Do what makes you happy. smile.gif
BMXerror
How about bright stinkin' yellow?
Mark D.
brant
Hey...

I recognize that picture... coool!

its a factory color of 911S red on the shroud
and you are correct, that is darker than signal.. its tangerine actually!

brant
I happen to think that yellow is a nice accent color on a 914...

in fact here is some yellow on my car:
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.