Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: pretty cool "one off"
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Crazyhippy
It's different, and appears to be well done.

Not real keen on the open air doors barf.gif but otherwise, not bad.

BJ(lets put a V8 in it biggrin.gif )H
So.Cal.914
Is that 'Buy it now' price in monopoly money?
dagdal1967
QUOTE(So.Cal.914 @ Feb 21 2007, 09:05 PM) *

Canadian Dollars....

Same thing. huh.gif
dflesburg
Why is the engine behind the rear wheels?

What kind of POS car would ever be designed like that?

Must take a hell of a lot of engineering to make a poor design like that work.....

Johny Blackstain
It says it's built on a 964 chasis. The 964, as far as I know, is the 89-92 911, w/ a big air cooled 6 in the back. Ease of construction is my guess as to why it's in the back. Must have taken quite a bit of engineering just to move the driver over a couple of feet. I find it to be unattractive as well, however that does'nt mean it's not interesting. cool_shades.gif
neo914-6
That 928 spyder in the background looks like the car Rick Ollach help build. The 964 based car is an interesting design, I'd like to see it up close. That seat arrangement been done on a Renault concept car in the 80's. Center seat with passengers to boot...
michel richard
QUOTE(dagdal1967 @ Feb 22 2007, 06:17 AM) *

QUOTE(So.Cal.914 @ Feb 21 2007, 09:05 PM) *

Canadian Dollars....

Same thing. huh.gif

I resemble that remark !

I think that the seller has done a few of these, or at least a number of very similar cars. I've seen them in person, they're very nice, IMO.

Michel Richard
East coaster
No matter how much it's mocked, I bet we'd all like to take it around the block!
Crazyhippy
QUOTE(neo914-6 @ Feb 22 2007, 01:01 PM) *
That seat arrangement been done on a Renault concept car in the 80's. Center seat with passengers to boot...

And the McLaren F1 (not the bastardized Mercedes thing), the actual cool one...

BJH
jd74914
QUOTE(neo914-6 @ Feb 22 2007, 04:01 PM) *

That 928 spyder in the background looks like the car Rick Ollach help build. The 964 based car is an interesting design, I'd like to see it up close. That seat arrangement been done on a Renault concept car in the 80's. Center seat with passengers to boot...

Thats what I thought of when I saw the ad. Now I know I'm not crazy laugh.gif

I like the 928 better . . . its the only one I think I've ever seen and liked. beerchug.gif
PinetreePorsche
:Is there any kind of canvas (?) cover to keep driver and crew (one on each side--lets go, girls!) dry when it starts to rain--or do we just go fast enough to keep the rain off?
xitspd
Looks a wee bit from the front, like a Glastron with an Mercury outboard. (Scottish Accent)

Mc Dan
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.