Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1.7 fuel injection schematics
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
buck toenges
I just picked up a 1971 1.7 914 and I need to hook up the fuel injection harness and engine harness back on the engine. I have the haynes book and the clymer book but am hoping for a better illustrated guide to help me. I tried to search for more info on the site but couldn't find anything. Can somebody help me?

Thanks,
Buck
cooltimes
QUOTE(buck toenges @ Feb 21 2007, 08:42 PM) *

I just picked up a 1971 1.7 914 and I need to hook up the fuel injection harness and engine harness back on the engine. I have the haynes book and the clymer book but am hoping for a better illustrated guide to help me. I tried to search for more info on the site but couldn't find anything. Can somebody help me?

Thanks,
Buck

Are you looking for the schematic or someone to take specific photos of wire connections you need to plug into the relay board in the engine compartment.
Or other. Please describe.
Mike
r_towle
Do you have all the parts?
Is the relay board still in the car (behind drivers side, mounted on inner fender)

And, do you have the correct FI harness for the year/FI?

Rich
buck toenges
I found Blowsby's site and now have a schematic to hook up the Fi harness to the engine.

Now what I need is a schematic to hook up all the vacuum tubes to the engine Little help please? blink.gif

And 1 more thing..... back in the drivers side of engine baynext to the fire wall I have a cable with a 1/4" circular "washer" connection that lays next to the chassis harness that connects to the relay board. What is this? and where does it hook up to?

Thanks,
Buck
toon1
you can find vac. tube routings on Pelican parts site

If the cable you are asking about has all brown wires, those are grounds.

There should be a stud next to the relay board to attach them.
Bleyseng
here's a pic
cooltimes
QUOTE(buck toenges @ Feb 22 2007, 06:11 AM) *

I found Blowsby's site and now have a schematic to hook up the Fi harness to the engine.

Now what I need is a schematic to hook up all the vacuum tubes to the engine Little help please? blink.gif

And 1 more thing..... back in the drivers side of engine baynext to the fire wall I have a cable with a 1/4" circular "washer" connection that lays next to the chassis harness that connects to the relay board. What is this? and where does it hook up to?

Thanks,
Buck

vaccumm layout can be seen here which makes me ask, could I have pasted the drawing from Pelican here or does site copyright there forbide it?.

http://www.pelicanparts.com/914/technical_...4_17FI_diag.htm

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.