Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: World Logo Use
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Rusty
The 914world belongs to it's members. Our logo is free for you to use for personal use. Want to make a 914world shirt, sticker, pen, hat, tea set or brassiere for yourself? You're absolutely free to show your pride!

However, if you're going to make items for resale to others... the Admin team would like to review them to ensure that only high quality stuff is sold. No, we're not asking for a cut or a freebie. We just want to do a quality check.

Here's the link to the EPS file...

http://www.914World.com/logo_lib/914WorldLogo.eps

Kind regards,
The Admin Team
Pat Garvey
Excuse my ignorance.

What is a "ps" file & how is it opened?
Pat
Crazyhippy
.eps, graphics guys, embroderers, etc will be able to open it pretty easy.

BJH
SirAndy
QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ Feb 23 2007, 06:05 PM) *

What is a "ps" file & how is it opened?

EPS = Encapsulated Post Script

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Encapsulated_PostScript

bye1.gif Andy
johnlush
Are there other versions of the logo available? Like the "embossed" logo I'm looking at in the forum title bar with the numbers/letter connected. I was going to play around with the "home page" design contest. -John
racerbvd
Someone should make a rear emblem out of it for our Teeners!!! thumb3d.gif
McMark
wink.gif
IPB Image
racerbvd
QUOTE(McMark @ Mar 28 2007, 11:53 PM) *

wink.gif
IPB Image

Is that a decal or a billet plate??? Sweet!!!!
GTeener
OK, ya'll spread the word. Wear it proud.

Check out the goods:

[url deleted]
McMark
Gwen, please review the first post in this thread.

However, if you're going to make items for resale to others... the Admin team would like to review them to ensure that only high quality stuff is sold. No, we're not asking for a cut or a freebie. We just want to do a quality check.

GTeener
QUOTE(McMark @ Jun 27 2007, 05:19 PM) *

Gwen, please review the first post in this thread.

Ooops. Thought it would be an easy way to fill a void.

How's this review work if I don't stock any products?

CafePress guarantees their work though and sends free do-overs as needed.
McMark
Well, what we're looking for is the quality of the printing and the quality of the shirt itself (in this case). So creating a sample and shipping it to an admin is really the only way to evaluate the product appropriately.

We want to make sure that items with the 914World logo on them are the kind of products that will last a long time and be worth every penny.
GTeener
confused24.gif I've used CafePress for my water polo team and the print quality has been solid. When it wasn't they replaced it. They have an interest in selling qulity product too.

But if the rule here is that every style of product needs to be sampled, then I guess I'll drop the effort because I think that means I need to buy one of everything for ya'll to review and approve blink.gif

Guess I'll have to design something of my own without the logo involved smile.gif
Rusty
Gwen, I'm glad you want to fill a void that we all recognize exists.

Sending a sample for someone to check is a practice that's dated back years. Most people include it in the cost of doing business. Heck, I don't think anyone has asked for a sample back and didn't get it returned promptly.

However, I recognize that it's inconvenient with the business model you selected. I'm sorry because you're obviously disappointed... but sending one sample to be checked has proved to be a realistic request.

Kind regards,
Rusty
SirAndy
i worked in the printing industry for years.

we *never* ever started the press without having sent a sample to the customer and got his/her approval. never. ever.

bye1.gif Andy
Rusty
Does printing 20 dollar bills really count as the "printing industry"?

tongue.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(Lawrence @ Jun 27 2007, 07:16 PM) *

Does printing 20 dollar bills really count as the "printing industry"?

you bet!

them mobsters are really picky when it comes to the quality of their $20 bills ...
slap.gif Andy
mightyohm
where can i get a schticker?
GTeener
QUOTE(jkeyzer @ Jun 27 2007, 09:41 PM) *

where can i get a schticker?

Create your own smile.gif

http://www.cafepress.com/cp/customize/prod...=true&no=90
Zundfolge
The EPS file is neeto and all, but when I tried to open it in Illustrator it told me I was missing the following fonts:

Futura Medium
SantaFeLetPlain
StoneSansITCTTBold
HiraKakuStd-W8-3pv-RKSJ-H

but none of those fonts seem to be in use anywhere (world.com is in Tahoma on layer 1).

Plus you've got a ton of hidden layers.

You might want to open the file, convert all the type to outlines, delete the extra layers, flatten it and resave it.

EDIT Ah, I see where all the fonts are ... you've also got a TON of hidden objects ... including a few useful things smile.gif
McMark
Well, I don't know about a TON. happy11.gif

I fixed the EPS and took out all the "useful things". thumb3d.gif
Zundfolge
Then I'm glad I saved the one with the extra stuff ... already made a neeto wallpaper with some of the parts. biggrin.gif
McMark
Very cool! thumb3d.gif
Middlefour
So, has anybody actually made some 914 world window stickers or badges? Seems like a good idea to me. huh.gif huh.gif
Loser_Cruiser
so can some one check that the file can be opened. I ve been trying i used a bunch of different graphics programs and at the beggining its stated that it should be an eps but when i save it its saving as a .ps. Hope its not just me. thanks biggrin.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(Loser_Cruiser @ Nov 22 2007, 11:59 PM) *

so can some one check that the file can be opened. I ve been trying i used a bunch of different graphics programs and at the beggining its stated that it should be an eps but when i save it its saving as a .ps. Hope its not just me. thanks biggrin.gif

just rename it .eps ...

somehow, the PHP on the server turns the extension into .ps when you download the file. but it's still a EPS ...

shades.gif Andy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.