Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2.0 Oil baffle gaskets
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914Sixer
I need 4 gaskets to install oil baffle pan in motor I am building. I know some one found these available some where. I have done several searches and come up empty handed. Better still can some one get me some and I will pay for them. The VW part number for them is 022.101.559
Thanks, Mark.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Feb 22 2007, 06:47 AM) *

I need 4 gaskets to install oil baffle pan in motor I am building. I know some one found these available some where. I have done several searches and come up empty handed. Better still can some one get me some and I will pay for them. The VW part number for them is 022.101.559
Thanks, Mark.

these seals discontinued by the factory have been remade in even higher temp versions by several aftermarket suppliers. We have found that 914 aftermarket suppliers are on the rampage these days to reproduce discontinued 914 parts as the cars have become so so popular
Bleyseng
re-use the old ones and do the tray mods to the tray so oil flows better thru it.
914Sixer
I have nothing to reuse. I have known for years that they do not come in the gasket set.
72914S
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Feb 22 2007, 10:00 AM) *

re-use the old ones and do the tray mods to the tray so oil flows better thru it.

What tray mods?
StratPlayer
I needed new ones for my engine build, I got them from AA new. Shipping was quick. This was maybe 5 or 6 weeks ago.
Cap'n Krusty
Vanagons don't have a windage tray, or even a place for one, IIRC, and therefore don't use the seals. I don't they were fitted to the T2s, either. The number you have is the Porsche number as well as the VW number. The Cap'n
Brando
Pass on the AA purchase, get them from FAT Performance. They make them and supposedly are a better fit than others. Never had problems with theirs. Bought every set used for a T4 rebuild from them, had them within 24-48 hours.

http://www.fatperformance.com/
Bleyseng
remove the vanes where the oil dumps out of the lifter bores with a dremel and bent open the other vanes. thumb3d.gif
914Sixer
Thanks guys, I ordered some from FAT this afternoon.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.