Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Panamera Pics (Porsche content)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Midtowner
IMHO: This is just plain wrong for a Porsche. Your thoughts?

Click to view attachment

barf.gif
Midtowner
Link: http://www.autospies.com/news/Porsche-Pana...-scooped-12716/
TravisNeff
It's a freakin Nissan Maxima blink.gif
Jenny
Ack! Who totes around more than 2 people in a porsche anyway? Even the soccer moms in cayennes only have a non-fat half-caf extra vanilla latte in the car with them.

Jen
DanT
not my cup of tea...but remember all the Porsche faithful didn't think a Porsche SUV would sell either....
If you love Porsches, now you can have you 4 door 4 passenger Porsche instead of your BMW or Mercedes....

It is marketing to a distinct group of Porschephiles....period.
actually you remove the camo/body armor and I think the general lines are similar to a new Maser quattroporte

I am sure they will sell.
grantsfo
Car magazine has a great article on the sedan. I think its great that Porsche is entering Sedan market. Cayenne proved to be great profit generator that has allowed further development of 987/997 platforms. Agree with Dan that Camo conceals something that is probaly a little nicer in production form.
Martin Baker
QUOTE(Travis Neff @ Feb 22 2007, 08:38 PM) *

Like this !
jd74914
QUOTE(Travis Neff @ Feb 22 2007, 11:38 PM) *

A really fast Maxima that is. biggrin.gif

I'm not a fan of Porsches that aren't sports car, but I'm sure it will be a great profit generator so the next generation of sports cars are even better.
mrgreenjeans
huh.gif

At least its marginally better looking than the last gak-mobile they made: the Cayenne. And more importantly it should driving-girl.gif for the soccer mom/society belle.

It probably is a better alternative than the Maser, durability wise, but I cannot see one in my future.....EVER. Even if it shrinks in retail value the way the Phaeton did. It makes me want to know why one wouldn't spend the same money on a true "Cache'-mobile" , and a GENUINE Porsche....a GT3. At least you could profile that AT the track , if you didn't want to really track it.

Let's get serious here, is this car ever going to see a body in the back seat ? I have yet to really see many families out joyriding the Cayenne to death.

Other than a few MD's and top Fortune 500 execs needing one to profile to the CC on Sat. mornings, or park next to their garaged AMG, I see little use for it in the real world.

Dilutes the 356-911 heritage even futher in the swill-bucket of automotive archives. yawn.gif

Johny Blackstain
How about a wagon? Blasphemy!! laugh.gif cool_shades.gif
Crazyhippy
I'd drive one... But i'd drive a Cayenne too...

Comparable to BMW M5... capable of hauling 5, and quicker than it needs to be on the fun roads.

Too bad it'll be 2 times more $$ than it needs to be sad.gif

BJH
So.Cal.914
Click to view attachment
bernbomb914
They are about to take over VW so they will have the facilities to make a lot more cars. there profit margin is higher than most auto builders giving them good leverage for the future.
Bernie
Lou W
I'd take one. driving.gif
buck toenges
QUOTE(Midtowner @ Feb 22 2007, 08:23 PM) *

Click to view attachment

barf.gif

Looks like the driver is using a walker as he goes behind the building to barf. blink.gif
gopack
I think that the spy photo is a poor representation of what it will look like. here is a better shot:
IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

I'm not sure which is closer to the production version. I do like the suicide doors on the silver one! I also like the alpha GTV-like rear quarter on the silver version! great looking prototype!

That being said, how can a sedan be a blasphemy when the company already makes a SUV! come on guys, the company has to sell cars to survives, and to do that you need ot adjust to the times!

BTW, I like the wagon version!

my $0.02

WOULD SOMEONE TELL ME WHY THE 2nd and 4th PICTURES SHOW UP IN PREVIEW POST, BUT NOT WHEN I ADD the post??
dflesburg
If it sells enough cars to keep the company alive so it can keep making 911's, Boxsters and Caymans and race cars like the Carrera GT, who cares?

Good Grief guys, would you rather have them end up like Fiat or worse yet Mazda? ( zoom zoom my ass )
Johny Blackstain
"V8 Porsche Panamera Sedan to race in NASCAR in 2009

Porsche has huge racing plans for 2009 -- apparently, according to them, they will be racing the 2009 4.5L V8 sedan called the Porsche Panamera. The idea is to go head to head with the Ford Fusion, Chevy Monte Carlo, Dodge Charger and Toyota Camry's in NASCAR.

Though none of these lesser cars could even hope to be placed in the same class or price point outside the track, Porsche AG believes it can no longer stay out of the very lucrative NASCAR race circuit." blink.gif

BLASPHEMY!!!!SACRILEGE!!!!TREASON!!!! laugh.gif Oh yea, it will keep the company in business. cool_shades.gif

nomore9one4
QUOTE(Johny Blackstain @ Feb 22 2007, 09:38 PM) *

idea.gif I think the wagon would be cool! driving.gif
Johny Blackstain
QUOTE(faux916 @ Feb 23 2007, 08:52 AM) *

biggrin.gif How dare you admit to that! laugh.gif cool_shades.gif
grantsfo
QUOTE(Johny Blackstain @ Feb 23 2007, 05:52 AM) *

"V8 Porsche Panamera Sedan to race in NASCAR in 2009

Porsche has huge racing plans for 2009 -- apparently, according to them, they will be racing the 2009 4.5L V8 sedan called the Porsche Panamera. The idea is to go head to head with the Ford Fusion, Chevy Monte Carlo, Dodge Charger and Toyota Camry's in NASCAR.

Though none of these lesser cars could even hope to be placed in the same class or price point outside the track, Porsche AG believes it can no longer stay out of the very lucrative NASCAR race circuit." blink.gif

BLASPHEMY!!!!SACRILEGE!!!!TREASON!!!! laugh.gif Oh yea, it will keep the company in business. cool_shades.gif

Yeehaw!
Johny Blackstain
[/quote]
Yeehaw!
[/quote]
Exactly! What does the future hold for us? "Ladies & Gentlemen grab your Budweiser & get ready for the 24hrs of Bristol". laugh.gif barf.gif laugh.gif cool_shades.gif
dekman
Whatever................hey, if it allows them the $ to get back into a full racing program....I'm in! thumb3d.gif
Johny Blackstain
QUOTE(dekman @ Feb 23 2007, 10:02 AM) *

Whatever................hey, if it allows them the $ to get back into a full racing program....I'm in! thumb3d.gif

biggrin.gif I'm w/ you, just having fun w/ my own hipocracy. I understand the "purists" POV as well as the non-purists view. I find it all quite silly, since "the good Doctor" invented the VW in the 1st place. When I was young I hated hearing we did'nt own a "real" Porsche. Still owning that same car I'd love to shove my little trophy in those guys faces today. Owning both a 6 & a 4 decidedly covers my as* on that issue as well. If Porsche goes into NASCAR so be it.. I hope they dominate the hell out of those boring ovals. I just find it fun to scream holy words at Subaru or Chevy power, or for that matter at any water cooled Porsche. You get right down to it you'll find the 356 & the 911 were compromises. The Doc wanted a mid-engine from the begining but it wasn't practicle to build or service. It's a fact that it's easier to work on my front engined truck over my 914s. Now there's an idea... a factory Porsche pick up. Can you say Craftsman Truck series? laugh.gif cool_shades.gif
So.Cal.914
Can you say 'Gull Wing' doors... I knew you could. smile.gif
mudfoot76
QUOTE(Johny Blackstain @ Feb 23 2007, 10:24 AM) *

Now there's an idea... a factory Porsche pick up. Can you say Craftsman Truck series? laugh.gif cool_shades.gif

Porsche Pick-up truck

It that more or less blasphemous than the 914 pick-up?
Johny Blackstain
QUOTE(So.Cal.914 @ Feb 23 2007, 10:34 AM) *

Can you say 'Gull Wing' doors... I knew you could. smile.gif

ON a pick-up?! Outrageous!!! biggrin.gif Heresy!!! laugh.gif Wicked cool idea!!! idea.gif cool_shades.gif
Tobra
QUOTE(faux916 @ Feb 23 2007, 05:52 AM) *

That is 'shooting brake', as the limeys say. I always liked the old Volvo 2 door wagon, and the BMW M coupe, or whatever they call their version of it

I don't care what they produce to make money, long as they continue making at least one model I want to buy
Johny Blackstain
Porsche Minivan

"A prototype of the Porsche minivan The Porsche "Varrera" is a minivan and it's already in the prototype phaze. As Porsche continues to try to be more aggressive in other markets, it will continue to produce prototypes like this one and the C-88. Porsche plans on introducing a new model every year through the year 2000. Obviously the "Boxster" is just the beginning. If the Varrera is any indication of things to come we might actually see the first mass produce non-sports car from Porsche very soon."

stirthepot.gif happy11.gif cool_shades.gif
Eric_Shea
I've given up trying to define what someone elses car company should be.

They're obviously smarter than I am otherwise... I'd have a cool car company and you'd all be hanging out on web sites talking about it. wink.gif

(However... If I were Das Direktor, I would make a stripped down Gayman with CF lids, no radio, no a/c, roll up wind-ers, thin glass and a 3.6... fuch the soccer moms) biggrin.gif
Johny Blackstain
20 years ago I remember reading in VW/Porsche, aka European Car, how Porsche won the 1984 Paris-Dakar Ralley w/ the 959 because of a Vanagon. Apparantly they needed a van as a parts carrier to follow the cars during the race so they went to VW & got a Vanagon. Fully loaded down w/ parts it was the worst slug on the planet, so they took it into the shop & transplanted full 930 racing suspension, brakes, steering, tranny & a normaly aspirated 3.0. The van wound up doing 140mph. I wish I had that van & wonder whatever happened to her? cool_shades.gif
Air_Cooled_Nut
QUOTE(Midtowner @ Feb 22 2007, 08:23 PM) *

I bet it comes with stock cup holders chairfall.gif
Air_Cooled_Nut
Don't forget, the only reason Ferrari made (and still makes) sedans and 2+2 cars is to support it's racing program wink.gif
fiid
They are going for a 4 door coupe. Mecedes has a car in this class which is kicking ass (it's that wierd one). IMHO the BMW 3 series is already in this category, but I think I'm alone in that opinion.

I think it will probably be a killer car. Some people have kids and just need the extra seats. This just adds another option for those people.. the 911 really doesn't cut it with a child seat, plus the engine is in the wrong place smile.gif.

IMHO this is a lot better than the Cayenne and a lot closer to a "Real Porsche" (whatever that is) than the Cayenreg is. I'm excited to see it.
zymurgist
QUOTE(grantsfo @ Feb 23 2007, 09:00 AM) *

Yeehaw!

Will Porsche have to disable the steering rack such that the car will only be able to turn left?
Dr. Roger
thoughts on the the silver wagon:

they should build it only if it kicks every other wagon's @ss in cornering, acceleration, and top speed.

then i'd have no problem with it. =-)

heritage is heritage.
Aaron Cox
I want this wagon...

IPB Image
thomasotten
Why does every new Porsche have to look THE SAME?
Johny Blackstain
a "REAL" Porsche:

cool_shades.gif
burton73
At first look the blue car did make me want to puke but the red car was much better on the eyes, I may even like it. . I would love to see more colors and more views of it.

Bob
Midtowner
Hilarious comments here. "Varrera". Funny. laugh.gif
Scott Carlberg
I'm not a big fan of Trucks, but IF Porsche built something like this

IPB Image

I'd consider it, IF I was in the market for a Truck, and the way owners talk about their Cayenne's, I think Porsche would sell a bunch of them too.
Johny Blackstain
QUOTE(Midtowner @ Feb 23 2007, 05:55 PM) *

Hilarious comments here. "Varrera". Funny. laugh.gif

Great topic! thumb3d.gif try this one...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1956-PORSCH...1QQcmdZViewItem
cool_shades.gif
Johny Blackstain
QUOTE(Scott Carlberg @ Feb 23 2007, 06:09 PM) *

I'm not a big fan of Trucks, but IF Porsche built something like this

IPB Image

I'd consider it, IF I was in the market for a Truck, and the way owners talk about their Cayenne's, I think Porsche would sell a bunch of them too.

OH HELL YA!! aktion035.gif However I prefer the long bed. av-943.gif
cool_shades.gif
Johny Blackstain
QUOTE(thomasotten @ Feb 23 2007, 04:54 PM) *

Why does every new Porsche have to look THE SAME?

biggrin.gif you were saying...
agree.gif cool_shades.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.