Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Group buy needed on this 914/6
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
RON S.

Sorry,I think I'll have to pass on this one unless I get some help.Probably a nice car though.

http://cgi.ebay.com/1970-PORSCHE-WORKS-914...1QQcmdZViewItem

Ron
dr914@autoatlanta.com
Even I think that price is "nuts" More power to him though. I wonder what a Peter Gregg owned 916 could be worth??
914Sixer
Something is FISHY. There is no current picture of what is for sale. The picture from the 70's is fine but does it look like now?
dr914@autoatlanta.com
and the guy says he is in Woodstock Georgia about ten miles from here and I don't know him!
dflesburg
I have tons of pics of cars that were campained during the 70's and 80's never seen that car with flares only on the back before.

$200k

LOL. Drugs are bad. They give you dillusions of grandure.

davep
What proof of the car does he have? Provenance is everything. I nominate George to check the car out.
KaptKaos
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Feb 23 2007, 07:03 AM) *

and the guy says he is in Woodstock Georgia about ten miles from here and I don't know him!

So pick up the phone man and go see the car!
Justinp71
200k opening bid for a project 914?

He must be looking for some millionare that used to drool over that car.
RON S.
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Feb 23 2007, 07:03 AM) *

A P.P.I. maybe?

R
RoadGlue
This isn't just any 914. Other 914s with similar race history have gone for more than his buy it now price. Just watch. smile.gif
Pat Garvey
Unfortunately, though this is a historic 914, it's been boogered up throught the years. It bears little resemblance to the Gregg version & no resemblance to the Holbert version that would be, in my opinion, worth even more.

Sorry boys & girls, only someone with more cash than brains would put 200K+ into a car that would only have reasonable historic value after they put another 30-50K into it. This isn't exactly the Sonauto car.
WTF.gif
cooltimes
So look at sellers other items for validity of what he sells.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...em=330054705656

Seems there is a market for his items since he has a selling and buying history.

This trashing what someone else has for sale seems to be the norm on our web site lately.
alpha434
So you give a link to a tail pipe for validity?

WTF?
cooltimes
QUOTE(alpha434 @ Feb 24 2007, 02:43 PM) *

So you give a link to a tail pipe for validity?

WTF?

Not that I think you replied showing anything that qualifies you for price and authenication by discussion of what someone else is selling on Ebay, did you look above and see the other cars or look at his ebay history.
That's WTF.
biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.