Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT~ Mobile Office project
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
lotus_65
I have never started a business, but I have invested a lot of time and effort into an idea I had and I'm moving towards getting some startup funds in the 100 grand range. I think it's a ton of coin, but I have also begun securing a conditional business method patent, so I think the idea is strong.
It has to do with photography and marketing in a mobile setting. That's where you guys come in. I have 3 issues, and anyone can offer their constructive feedback and I'll appreciate it.

TOPIC 1~ A VAN
Click to view attachment

I like the Dodge/Mercedes Sprinter and it will be converted with these features:
  1. 110 power inverter and wiring for electronics such as my Mac and large monitor among other items.
  2. A soundproof (as much as possible) section in the rear as an audio sound studio.
  3. Desks and cabinets for electronics.
  4. Exterior scene lighting.
  5. Rear AC/heat
It'll also have custom exterior graphics and a couple other goodies.

I'm not handy enough to tackle it, but the cost will be huge to have it commercially converted!
p.s. if this business doesn't fly, this is what I'll be living in down by that river i mentioned before!

TOPIC 2~ Custom circuit board for LED signs
It seems simple to me for someone who knows what there doing, but I'm probably wrong, because I don't know what I'm doing.
They'd be 12-volt super-bright LED, solar rechargeable and edge-lit acrylic. Anyone with experience here who wants to offer design advice or would like to help me with a mockup I could really use it. I have a sketch and parameters laid out, these parts would be eventually manufactured in China.

TOPIC 3~ Market research

If anyone is a subscriber to e-marketer or a similar service... REALLY expensive, and I just need background info on some specific trends. It'll take me months to compile data at the law library that these people have already done a great job acquiring.

This is a big project, and a lot to ask you guys, but compensation of some kind will be available, so speak up if you want to!

Thanks,
Paul
GeorgeRud
Most of the stuff you're looking at is available in the RV market. I'm in the process of redoing a 1975 GMC motorhome to make a race weekend couch for my friends and family, and have found all sorts of parts available. Most of this is obviously a do it yourself project in my case, but there are custom RV builders that can do this sort of work easily. Unfortunately, like any custom project, bring $$$.

To get enough electricity for any length of time, you will also need a generator to keep the batteries charged as well as an inverter. Add up all your electrical uses (how many amps they each will draw), and you can get an idea of the power required. Heat usually requires a propane powered furnace, also from the RV industry.

There are also companies that are looking into using the Sprinter as a portable office for execs - more room and capabilities than your usual stretch limo. I'm sure you could get some info from them as well.

Good Luck on your project!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.