Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Is my butt sagging or just soft?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Carlitos Way
My intention is to eliminate some body roll. I have a stock front suspension with "dealer installed" stock sway bar. Rear sway bar is available but not installed and I've heard it's better to use a stiff rear spring.

It's also time for shocks.

So... what should I consider? 180 lbs? 200 lbs? 165's?

What brand of springs?
SLITS
Stock /4 ..... stock springs or 140lb

180s will jolt your fillings out (I have them on the /6 conversion with Koni's at full hard, but no worries for me as I don't have any teeth left .... It's hell on the hemmoroids though.)
brp914
140 springs nla from pelican. now what?
John
QUOTE(SLITS @ Feb 23 2007, 09:38 AM) *

Stock /4 ..... stock springs or 140lb

180s will jolt your fillings out (I have them on the /6 conversion with Koni's at full hard, but no worries for me as I don't have any teeth left .... It's hell on the hemmoroids though.)

Do your trailing arms bind or move freely. My rear trailing arms work freely and the ride on the street is stiff, but not totally uncomfortable with 350# rear springs.

I have ridden in much harsher riding 914's with stock springs. It makes a HUGE difference when the suspension moves freely.

The only reason I went with the 350# rears is that I am a CSOB and already had them from the track car (now running 400# rears). I may swap them out with 250# if I ever get cash to do the threaded collars. Both cars have yellow Bilstein rear shocks.

Both cars are 3.2 conversions.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.