Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Corbeau A4 Seats
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
andys
Has anyone installed the Corbeau A4 seats in their 914? (Oh no, not another seat thread!!!!!).

I went through a bunch of old posts and somewhere someone mentions them, but it wasn't clear if they actually installed them. The reason I ask, is that they seem to have some favorably narrow dimensions; 18 1/2" wide at the bottom where the Classisc II is 19" Forza is 20" wide. I realize it is reclining and tips forward but othewise seems well suited to the narrow 914 requirements. Short of sitting in them all, it's difficult to tell by the photo's on their site if it has the "butt-bucket" style of seating like say the Forza.

http://www.corbeau.com/products/a4/a4.shtml#

Andys
fiid
I have corbeau forzas.

The biggest problem I have with the forzas is that they sit too high in the car. I think what needs to happen is that bar needs to be removed under the seat and the seat bolted to the floor - however - I'm reluctant to give up on my forward-backward adjustability. Also - the forza's have you in a bolt-upright position and aren't very comfortable for long drives (I did manage Portland - San Francisco in one shot however).

So: a reclining seat like this I think is a very good idea, but these are taller than the forzas by the looks of it, so you really will have to bolt them to the floor, whcih is going to mean you're going to have to figure out a mounting solution. I'm very interested in solutions to this problem since it is a big problem is my car too - so let me know what happens with it.

andys
QUOTE(fiid @ Feb 23 2007, 12:18 PM) *

I have corbeau forzas.

The biggest problem I have with the forzas is that they sit too high in the car. I think what needs to happen is that bar needs to be removed under the seat and the seat bolted to the floor - however - I'm reluctant to give up on my forward-backward adjustability. Also - the forza's have you in a bolt-upright position and aren't very comfortable for long drives (I did manage Portland - San Francisco in one shot however).

So: a reclining seat like this I think is a very good idea, but these are taller than the forzas by the looks of it, so you really will have to bolt them to the floor, whcih is going to mean you're going to have to figure out a mounting solution. I'm very interested in solutions to this problem since it is a big problem is my car too - so let me know what happens with it.

fiid,

Looking at the dimensional information on their site, the overall height of the A4 is 1" greater than your Forza, however your Forza has that "butt-bucket" arrangement which likely sits you lower than the A4. Apparently, I'll need to be armed with a tape measure and go have a look at some floor samples. I too like the A4's option of being able to recline the seatback independently of the cusion.

Andys
fiid
I have to run the forzas with the seat pad taken out so that I can still see the guages.

I'm 5'10".
2-OH!
Andy:

Come on over and you can sit in mine...Just installed couple weeks ago...

I like em'...No, I love em'...They fit and feel wonderful...BUT...They are thicker on the bottom and therefore make you sit up higher...

I'm 6' and I have to rake the seat back to get enough clearance to fit with the top on...

I kept the original seat sliders, but removed the tilt mechanisms and laid the front right on the structural bar under your thighs...

Available for viewing Saturday and early Sunday...Going over to Steve Griders on Sunday afternoon to remove an engine...

2-OH!
chrisg
I have no info to vouch for how they fit in a 914, but I have these in my Mustang and love them support wise. Very supportive, comfortable seats. My 3 yr. old black seats have THE WORST upholstery material though. It's like a magnet to every foreign particulate in the universe. And if your girlfriend has a cat or long blonde hair, forget about it. Vacuums can't touch it. And they are fading at an atronomical rate. I do like them a lot though. Probably like them a whole lot better once I recover them.
ahdoman
QUOTE(2-OH! @ Feb 23 2007, 05:36 PM) *

Andy:

Come on over and you can sit in mine...Just installed couple weeks ago...

I like em'...No, I love em'...They fit and feel wonderful...BUT...They are thicker on the bottom and therefore make you sit up higher...

I'm 6' and I have to rake the seat back to get enough clearance to fit with the top on...

I kept the original seat sliders, but removed the tilt mechanisms and laid the front right on the structural bar under your thighs...

Available for viewing Saturday and early Sunday...Going over to Steve Griders on Sunday afternoon to remove an engine...

2-OH!

Rick,
Bring your car over with you on Sunday. Andy is just around the corner from me.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.