Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Side Window Front Seal
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tyler
As I sit here waiting for my side window, "front window channels" to come back from powdercoating, I was trying to remember if I still had those little white rollers that go inside on the pins of the glass attachment. Then I started to wonder what keeps the water from going between the glass and the channel, then down into the door. So checking the parts pictures I see a "front window channel guide bar" that looks like a rubber seal, but of course that won't work with rollers inside. Now I'm confused without having one to look at.
Does someone know if felt or anything goes between the glass itself and the guide channel on these early models, and what the "guide bar" is?
Eric_Shea
There is a strip of anodized aluminum that holds a beaded rubber squeegee that runs the length of your window area on the top of your door.

The aluminum strip is screwed into the door at 3 (I think) locations along it's length. With your door panel off you will see round holes in which to access the screws. They are small phillips head screws.

Getting the rubber squeegee on that channel was one of the more difficult tasks of my restoration.

You should have a felt(ish) strip on the backside of the glass.
2-OH!
Eric:

I think the question was about the vertical guide where the fake vent like glass is...I have the same question...Is there a seal in the vertical channel for the roll up window to seal against...

Does anyone have the link to the PET..I need all the hardware to put my roll-ups back in...

2-OH!
Pat Garvey
The front window channel guide bar is a u-shaped piece of metal that attaches to the forward vertical edge of the glass. Channels water down to the squegee &away from the car. I think this is what you're referring to (?).

But, I am confused at to just what you're having powder coated - is it the polished aluminum upright frame?

Pic would help.
Pat
Joe Owensby

This should link to a parts list. Joe O.

https://techinfo.porsche.com/techinfo/pdf/e...914_KATALOG.pdf
tyler
Yes, since the car is orange, all the trim is going to black. Can't do a pic yet since it's being coated. It's the forward channel that holds the vent glass on the front and guides the glass on the rear, starts at the bottom of the door and goes up to the tip of the vent window.
If someone has an early model, it should be easy to look at.

But, I am confused at to just what you're having powder coated - is it the polished aluminum upright frame?

Pic would help.
Pat
[/quote]
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.