Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Seat heaters
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
East coaster
I bought some really nice seats for my car from Stefan at GT classics. They were done in glove leather and have heaters installed in the seat base and back. My dilema is that Stefan never gave me the switches and wiring for the seats. I've tried repeatedly to to get them, but no luck.

So I'm trying to come up with a plan B. I'm not too stupid when it comes to electronics but I wanted to bounce a couple of questions off the board here. It seems most aftermarket seat heater kits come with a controller of sorts. I would've thought that I simply need to either use a on/off switch with sufficient rating to handle the draw or use a relay and light duty switch. I'm not sure what logic a controller would provide?? I figured they are 12v and simply on or off??

If the controller provides for a hi/lo setting, then I don't care about that cause I just want a switch to provide for base heat only or base and back. That'll be my hi/lo.

Any tips welcomed!

Here's the seats:

Click to view attachment
GeorgeRud
From what I remember from my old Volvo 240, it's simply a +12volts and ground circuit. The on/off switch didn't have any special functions other than to make the circuit. There are companies that produce aftermarket seat heaters. You might want to search for them and check their websites if they have any more elegant switching available.
SGB
Don't forget a FUSE!
boxstr
Check with Stefan, I don't think they are the seat heaters that I sell at CAMP 914.
If they are the switches and wiring is included with the heaters, inluding instructions.
CCLIN914NATION
PRS914-6
I got mine from Stefan as well. Had them installed when the seats were made. Came with a contoller, wiring harness and toggle swiches for each seat. I would think you need the controller for proper operation and limit the heat.

I can copy the manual if you need one. Made by Rostra Precision Controls.

Hey, does your emergency brake fit with those seat?

And whats with that firewall access? Didn't you know that you will get burned to death? av-943.gif
East coaster
Paul, Stefan hooked you up......damn! I've been begging him for a year to get my switches/controller and haven't seen a thing. I would absolutely love to get a copy of whatever paperwork you have.

Stefan seems like a really nice guy, I'm not sure why I got dissed except that mine were the first set to be done with heat. You'd think I would be hooked up for paving the way though confused24.gif
PRS914-6
Stefan bought the heater kit (I think from Craig) and shipped the heating pads direct to Italy to the seat manufacturer. The remainder of the kit was shipped to me. You should find out what brand kit he provided you or the instructions won't be accurate. PM me your address or I can scan it and e-mail it to you but the print is quite small
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.