Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hit a deer in my scooby tonight
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
VaccaRabite
Smacked a deer with the scooby tonight around 11pm about a mile from my house. Of all the luck, I had a chair that mom wanted me to fix in the back, so I could not stop to get it. Got home, unloaded the project-chair, got a knife and some rope and dashed back to the strike. All the remained were some tire tracks in the snow from the truck that swooped in to get it. There were only about 15 minutes from strike to return. I was hoping to at least get some fresh venison in exchange for my headlight and fender crumple.

My road is a rural windy road that had woods on either side. Was going ~5 under the speed limit, 'cause, well, there are lots of deer out here. Deer literally jumped out right in front of me.

Just in case I walked all over the area where I hit the deer with a 15 million cp flashlight. Poor doe put its head right into my headlight, and the neck and shoulder hit my passinger side fender. It was dead on impact. I usually have rope in the car, but I had pulled it out for a hiking trip last weekend and had not replaced it.

Was mad for a little while. Not so much about the damage to my car - I can fix that, the damage is all cosmetic. But that I did not have the ability to get the deer when I hit it. A couple shots of single malt when I got home after searching for it fixed that though. :-)

In other news, I think this post confirms that I am turning into a redneck.

Zach
Flycut
Road Kill.......Yummy.... chowtime.gif
Twystd1
I can't beleive you were so possessed with getting the dam chair home..

YOU HIT A DEAR....!!!!!!!!!!!
GOOD JOB..!!!!!!!!!!!

What time you having the BBQ..???? jsharp.gif wine.gif

Twystd1
VaccaRabite
Sadly, in the 15 minutes that it took to get home, get the chiar out of my car, grab a knife, rope and a flashlight, and get back to the spot, someone else had allready picked up the deer. Otherwise, I would have been taking the tenderloin to a party tonight to grill, and started making jerky of the rest.

Zach
Allan
I work with a guy who comes from the deep bayous of Louisianna. He says that their method of determining the freshness of roadkill is if it blinks when you poke a stick in its eye. WTF.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.