Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: B!t(h pitch...damn FG hoods!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
degreeoff
Just a small beetch pitch...fricken Rennpsd hoods are being a bitch to line up...man if I had only known how much work this was going to be...... dry.gif mad.gif
herman maire
QUOTE(degreeoff @ Feb 24 2007, 11:54 AM) *

Just a small beetch pitch...fricken Rennpsd hoods are being a bitch to line up...man if I had only known how much work this was going to be...... dry.gif mad.gif

I just bought there fiberglass fenders+ quarters huh.gif ..... I hope they fit better than your hood .... or else ar15.gif
type47
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
Eric_Shea
As glass goes... those guys are on the bottom of the list.
degreeoff
Yeah and so is their pricing....sometimes you actually get what you pay for.................I am not saying it is not doable just took a lil fanagaling

I am going to compile a bunch of pics from my six convert here in a month or so.....I want to be able to throw a whole lot up at once and not make every one wait and WAIT for progress.....it is a long project the way I am going about it....MUCH welding and repair and lil time....
John
Worse than AIR? Can't be.

I need to see it to believe it.
jasons
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Feb 24 2007, 02:07 PM) *

As glass goes... those guys are on the bottom of the list.

I would put myself above those guys on that list. I have a set of flared rockers from them. With the amount of work its going to take to get those to fit, I could have hand shaped my own.

Between those rockers and the set of glass flares I got from someone else, I'm done buying glass products. I've since got AA steel flares and I'm going to flare some steel rockers myself. Its just as easy as making that glass shit work.
turboman808
I'm about to buy some hoods and bumpers. Who would you recomend?

I did buy a rennspd front bumper and yeah it fits absolutely terrible. Of course I smashed it and didn't shed a tear over the bumper.
Aaron Cox
GETTY!
Howard
QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ Feb 25 2007, 04:53 PM) *

GETTY!

Getty would be my first choice, second choice, third choice, etc. If I can do it, anyone can. First try at hood and bumper.

Today
degreeoff
yeah I made some custom stuff last time around...see my profile and the link to my car B4 the rotis and 6....you'll see but it was A LOT OF WORK....so far my massagi9ng of the new stuff has been simple (and a hell of alot less toxic) than the last go around...not to mention I will be rubbing down the line and a setup already made just makes sense....the rear hood fit better....still had to extend my arms to slot longer holes but HEY all in fun right...

BTW next time will be getty
Eric_Shea
My lids are from Mark Bartosh and literally bolted right on with 0 mods or problems.

I only hear good stuff about Getty.

One thing I've done is let them sit. Also, if they're black, you may want to take them in the sun. There is a certain amount of setteling that glass will do. You'll want to do this before your final paint prep. If you're not planning on painting it any time soon, take it out and let it bake for a while, then cool down etc.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.