Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: REPOST- FI Replaced With Webers How To Dial In
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
stephenf
I HAVE 40 IDF WEBBERS NOT 44 IDF'S AS EARLIER POSTED>>>>WHEN I COME TO A STOP I HAVE TO KEEP THE WINDOW CLOSED DUE TO FUME ODORS FROM EXHAUST OR WHAT I DONT KNOW......HOW DO I GET RID OF THAT FUME SMELL

I CHECKED THE JETS ON THE 40'S AND THEY ARE WHAT WEBBER RECOMMENDS FOR THAT CAR.....F11 EMULSION TUBE AND 1.15 MAIN JET; I ASSUMED ALL THE OTHER JETS WERE THE STANDARD SIZES FOR THAT SET UP.....AS I DISCUSSED WITH THE SELLER BEFORE I BOUGHT THEM WHAT TO USE

THE FUEL MIX MIGHT NOT BE PERFECT BUT THE PLUGS LOOK FINE AND THERE IS NO VISIBLE EXHAUST CLOUDS OR SMOKE
ADDITIONALLY- I PULLED THE PLUGS AND THEY LOOK PERFECT....LIGHT BROWN CONDITION NO PITTING OR DEPOSITS

BUT I STILL HAVE THE SMELL......WHAT DO YOU RECOMMEND

1. TAKE TO A SHOP AND HAVE THEM RUN SMOG MACHINE TEST TO DIAL IN PERFECT FUEL AIR MIX...REMEMBER I HAVE NO SMOG EQUIPMENT ON IT?? OR

2. WHERE THE OIL BREATHER TUBE RUNS OUT OF THE TOP OF THE OIL CAP....I ROUTED IT UNDER THE CAR ON THE DRIVERS SIDE.....SHOULD I RUN IT THROUGH THE CHARCOAL CANNISTER BEFORE IT EXITS/?

3. THE CAR RUNS STRONG ( FOR A 4 CYL) AND OCCASIONALLY HAS A POP SOUND FROM CARB....LIKE WHEN 1ST STARTING OUT...BUT HAVENT NOTICED AFTER RUNNING 5 MINS.....AND MY UNDERSTNDING IS IF ANYTHING THE POP IS BECAUSE ITS TO LEAN...

4. TIMING SEEMS GOOD....NO RUN ON AND NO POPS ON FULL ACCELLERATION

IT STINKS AND I HAVE TO KEEP MY WINDOW CLOSED....
GOT IDEARS???

SO....
ive taken 1.8L and put 96mm big bore on, balanced pistons
a newer cam better tuned for the carbs,
40 IDF webbers, Monza exhaust
complete rebuild
removed all heater boxes and dammed the ports
all smog equip removed
Eric_Shea
your caps lock is stuck wink.gif
ClayPerrine
agree.gif First, unstick your caps lock key.

Then put the charcoal canister back on the top of the fuel tank. Cap one line and run the other down in the LH fender until the tube sits slightly below the bottom of the car.

Cut it off at a 45 degree angle with the short side of the tube facing the rear of the car. This will make a draft tube to pull the tank vapors out when the car is moving and absorb them when the car is sitting still. This, by itself, will cut down the gasoline smell inside the car.

Then hook both head vents and the PCV valve up to a crankcase vent. You can find one at CBPerformance.

As for the jetting of carbs.. well, let's say I would prefer that you put the injection back on... biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.