Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Any VW Rabbit owners?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nomore9one4
The wife is thinking of buying a new VW Rabbit. Can anyone give any details that own one? confused24.gif
pete-stevers
let see some pics

errrr
sorry....
of the rabbit......
Mid_Engine_914
QUOTE(faux916 @ Feb 24 2007, 04:34 PM) *

The wife is thinking of buying a new VW Rabbit. Can anyone give any details that own one? confused24.gif

I don't own one but I know they're good cars. The Rabbit won a Car and Driver comparo back in December and the MK V VW's have won a boat load of awards since they came out a few years ago. Try to get it in Signal Orange if you can. smile.gif

JPB
In the past, the Rabbit, was a huge seller in it's day and they had a cool diesel one also. I drove my Rdiesel from Lindsay Ontario to Florida on $26 of fuel. Diesel was less than a dollar per gallon and it was great for a student on a budget. The new one must be even better and a six in it would rock. If I had a choice, I'd get the TDI if it came that way since my 2000 Jetta TDI was a great car also. If you want a real Rabbit, I'd get a Cabriolet STI in the latest of the last version. I still love the looks of the old style Rabitts and the Rabbit pick ups.
nomore9one4
QUOTE(Mid_Engine_914 @ Feb 24 2007, 09:53 PM) *

QUOTE(faux916 @ Feb 24 2007, 04:34 PM) *

I don't own one but I know they're good cars. The Rabbit won a Car and Driver comparo back in December and the MK V VW's have won a boat load of awards since they came out a few years ago. Try to get it in Signal Orange if you can. smile.gif

The signal orange was my color choice too.. hide.gif but its her car her choice headbang.gif
nomore9one4
QUOTE(JPB @ Feb 25 2007, 06:27 AM) *

In the past, the Rabbit, was a huge seller in it's day and they had a cool diesel one also. I drove my Rdiesel from Lindsay Ontario to Florida on $26 of fuel. Diesel was less than a dollar per gallon and it was great for a student on a budget. The new one must be even better and a six in it would rock. If I had a choice, I'd get the TDI if it came that way since my 2000 Jetta TDI was a great car also. If you want a real Rabbit, I'd get a Cabriolet STI in the latest of the last version. I still love the looks of the old style Rabitts and the Rabbit pick ups.

My buddy had a Deisel Rabbit in High School. That car was fast as hell. Good times with that car! R.I.P sad.gif
warrenporsche
I am a mechanic at a VW dealer, and I can plainly say that the new 2.5 liter engines ( like in the rabbit) is the most trouble free powerplant VW has ever made. We have been so impressed with how solid they are that a few guys in the shop now own one.
warrenporsche
PPS. we have a few farenheit edition GTI's that are orange but they are 2.0 turbos and they are going for sticker at $27,000!!??
moneysmarts
Bought an '06, 2 door rabbit in July for my son, with standard trans.
He already has 17K miles on it.
Fantastic car. Fit and finish is like a bmw 3 series.
MPG is around 30.
Added custom wheels and tires. Made a huge difference in appearance.
I'll post a pic later today.
Steve

jwhcars
I have a 2007 Tornado Red 2 door Rabbit with the 17"vision wheels and votex kit and 5 speed trans.Son has a 2006 GTI with dsg trans.We have had 0 problems.I think the Rabbit is a very good value for the money you spend.I had a MINI Cooper S before the Rabbit and the Rabbit is all most as fun as the MINI (The MINI can take the twisties a tad faster).
I would buy her the Rabbit and not worry.
moneysmarts
Here ya go.
18" wheels from town-fair tire.
Nothing too expensive.
Sporty look.
balljoint
We just bought one for my wife in January. 4 door, red, automatic (Tiptronic too though) Already super happy with the car, solid, fit and finish is great, much nicer than the City Golf. It is quick and although I haven't pushed it yet, (winter) it seems to handle very well. Tiny trunk space.

Are you comparing it to any other vehicles? Subaru Impreza? Suzuki Sx4?

nomore9one4
Thanks for all the great info guys! I think she will be happy if she decides to get it.

As for comparisons....she originally wanted a Suzuki Grand Vatari to replace the one she used to have. God I hated that thing. I am just happy she is looking for something alittle more "sporty" in its own way. smile.gif
Johny Blackstain
ar15.gif DEATH TO THE RABBIT! sawzall-smiley.gif LONG LIVE THE SCIROCCO!!! smilie_pokal.gif Sorry, just had to do that. smoke.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.