Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: C2 5 Spoke
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
BiG bOgGs
While I am looking at a 914 that has a 5 lug conversion, I am trying to look down the road towards the look I might like to have for it. I have always liked the look of the C2 Porsche wheels. The 914 I am looking at has Fuchs on it right now, and had the lip of the wheel well hammered flat, as well as smaller tires. I want to have taller tires on it for the regular highway driving that I do. Which width and backspacing and tire combo will give me a tire diameter close to or a little bigger than stock with out having to do any body massaging?

I know I can check the tire size speedo calculation on the board, but I need experenced opinions on what wheel width/tire size combo will fit in stock wheel wells.

Jim blink.gif
BiG bOgGs
icon_bump.gif

Anyone got a link for a discussion on this topic? I am using the search, but it seems to give back too many unrelated results. I'll keep searching.

Jim
jasons
I can't answer all your questions but 5 spoke C2 wheels are either Cup I's or Cup II's. They are a 52 offset (as opposed to 23 for Fuchs) and will require you to use some spacers. Cup I's can be found in 16's and Cup II's might be available in 16, but they are probably aftermarket. Factory would be 17. Width-wise I'm not sure what you can fit, it is kind of a function of the spacer issue.

As far as diameters, there is a calculator somewhere on the internets that will compute relative sizes for you.

The wheels you want can be super heavy depending of if they are Porsche or Aftermarket. The Cup II 17's aftermarket start to push 28lbs. The Fuchs on the car (if they are real) in a 15x6 go closer to 17 lbs.
Mueller
generally you are stuck at using a 7" wide rim with 205's unless the rear fenders have really been tweaked...

if using a 7" rim with a 55mm offset, a 20mm spacer would place the rim nicely in the rear, I;d opt for 35mm spacer in the front

overall tire diameter is dependant on how low the car is, best bet is to use this tire cal. = tire cal.

a 205/55/16 works
shoguneagle
I am in the process of building a sixer with flared fenders (7in front; 9in rear) and will be running cupII rims (55mm offset front, 7in wide; 52mm offset rear, 9in wide). Tires will be something like 205-225 front; 225-245 rear. Rims are 17s'.

The questions now become how well the centerline in relation to the wheel bearins and how well the tires fill the wheel well. I cannot tell you the exact size of spaces to use, or whether you can run the cupII rims with normal 914 fenders. I have been told I can run 1 1/4 in front and 1 1/4 in rear; but everything depends on the final measurements. Boxster rims might be considered and appear to be relatively cheap.

I have CupII rims and five lug conversion on all four corners. Everything relating to the suspension is off the car and will be off the car for the next couple of months for preservation/repair purposes. Once I have this done the suspension pieces can go back on making it possible for me to measure and give you some valid information. Normal fender would be a guess-ta-ment; flared fenders would be accurate.

Steve Hurt
BiG bOgGs
Thanks for the info and suggestions. Please check my final understanding. I can go with 16X7 C2 rims with a 55mm offset with 205/55/16 tires and then just play with the spacers to get them to fit in the wells just right.

Just give me an Amen if the nubie got ti right. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.